Watching The World Cup?

Dstarrr

Registered
I am looking for people who will be Watching the World Cup in a group at a bar, etc. We call them "watch parties" in the states for big events. In addition to watching, I also would like to interview a few Americans for a news outlet in the US. Anyone know where people will be watching?

Best bet will be Sugar in Palermo or El Alamo in Recoleta. Both bars regularly show sports events with a focus on US sports.

The whole country stops whenever there is a game that Argentina plays and any TV/smartphone/radio will be turned on. People also tend to watch any match. So, any bar or TV station will be a watch party.

I am looking for people who will be Watching the World Cup in a group at a bar, etc. We call them "watch parties" in the states for big events. In addition to watching, I also would like to interview a few Americans for a news outlet in the US. Anyone know where people will be watching?
My advice for the world cup:

Watching the US matches with expates would be fun, but I HIGHLY recommend watching games with locals when Argentina or Uruguay are playing. Every restaurant, bar, quiosco, etc. will show the Argentina matches. Restaurants that don't have TVs will bring them in. Go (very) early and find a comfortable place to park yourself for several hours. You will probably have to share any empty seats, but it will be an experience (it was for me 4 years ago!)

Also, if there is a local restaurant or bar you frequent, watch a match or two there. It's a good way to bond with the people there. Most places will be full of locals and family of the owners/workers.

Enjoy!

And my advice ??

Try to find people to associate with who know about football - that doesnt rule out all your fellow countrymen/women - just most of them :p

Also ask any Argentine to explain the 'no handball rule' to you in case they have forgotten (again). :lol:

Have I missed out any other stereotypes?

Oh yes England supporters are the ones with long faces and sad anecdotes who have already put a side bet on the Germans (again) :angry:

Back