Watching the World Cup

Hewlett

Registered
I am a Brit travelling around South America with my family. I will be in BA (Recoleta) for 5 weeks from 18th June. Could anyone recommend any Sports Bars or a good place to watch the World Cup?

Any bar or cafe would be good, if it is open.

The problem might be finding an open bar for the matches scheduled for the early morning. Some cafes open for breakfast may have the matches on.

If you are really in a pinch, many of the gasoline stations with cafes, such as many of the YPFs, usually have all the important football matches on, and many are open 24 hours. They are popular places to watch football, and you can buy and drink beer in the vending hours.

I would check the Alamo bar on uraguay and santa fe, Its an american sports bar but they have always shown the 6 nations rugby for example and the owner knows its all about sport.
But all the cafes will be showing the games anyway i don't think any of them start ridiculously early as in during the dead of night

Why don't you just watch it on the internet so that you can have several matches on at the same time and you don't have to deal with the noise and pollution?

Just find a store on Florida street with TV's in the window. There will be huge crowd watching and you can take in all the street music. Beware valuables in the crowd. There are also a couple places in Palermo Soho (just walk around) that are sport bar like.

Dwight

photo.php

Hello Football-Fans,

we know the problem of getting the real European football-spirit in Buenos Aires. So we will organize an event series during the Worldcup 2010.

Everyday there will be a "Match of the Day". We will focus on the teams of England, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Brazil and, of course, Argentina. We will add the Netherlands if there are enough people who wants to watch it (two matches will be at 8 in the morning).

For the matches of England against the USA, Algeria and Slovenia - the best group since the Beatles ;-) - we will have an event moderation in English and Spanish, players presentations, your football-songs and, of course, the English anthem.

So don´t sit alone in a lousy bar.Get in touch with other fans from England and from all over the world.

We will charge a entrance fee of 30 Pesos for a "Day-Ticket" (up to three matches). One free beer or softdrink is included.

We are located at the popular "Plaza Serrano" (not far from Recoleta), right in the heart of Palermo-Soho.

For further information visit our Facebook-Fansite:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/World-Cup-in-South-Africa-No-in-Buenos-Aires/123838764302317?ref=sgm

Because we only have 80 Tickets to sell, a reservation is recommended.

Your Corazon Argentina-Team!

Back