Waxing Salon / Depilación Recommendations?

B

Bianca

Does anyone have a good waxing / depilación place to recommend? I'm not brave enough to just step into any old place and then be at their mercy! :) Near Palermo is ideal, but anywhere accessible from the subte would be great!

I personally don't, but if you need someone to hold your hand to get you through your first time at a new place, well then I'm willing to offer my services. I'm tough. I can take it. Leg wax, lip wax, bikini wax, butt wax... I can only imagine how tough it is, so... yeah. (What was I talking about?)

Question- Why not laser and be done with it? (I've heard it takes a few return trips and I can't commit to all of that, but that first one...)

I mean- "Good Luck"... yeah, I think that's what I mean.

SUGGESTION: There are about 3 or 4 nice hair salons right next to each other on Marcelo T. Alvear between Uruguay & Parana (odd numbered side of the street... I'd say "North", but no one knows what that means). If they don't offer waxing, I'm sure they would have several recommendations. Plus you could get your hair done.

Hi Bianca,
Just to let you know I am a London ex-pat living here in Buenos Aires. I set up a waxing business to service the english speaking clientele of hostels in and around Buenos Aires as we know all too well how awkward it can be whiling the time away whilst a stranger pokes around!
I offer the spanish hot wax system and the strip wax variety.
If you are interested, I can come to you as I have a portable table and wax kit otherwise you are more than welcome to come to my place in Palermo Queens.
Here is my website, please feel free to drop me a line if you need to.
Best wishes,
Sarah
www.ladygardens.net

Napoleon said:
I personally don't, but if you need someone to hold your hand to get you through your first time at a new place, well then I'm willing to offer my services. I'm tough. I can take it. Leg wax, lip wax, bikini wax, butt wax... I can only imagine how tough it is, so... yeah. (What was I talking about?)
Ha ha! Ok, we'll go in for a wax... but you go first. If I hear screams from the back, I'll know to keep on with the search. :)

Napoleon said:
Question- Why not laser and be done with it?
I'm too chicken. I've seen scary pictures of some pretty wicked scars from laser treatments. Like this lady, who who sustained nearly 6,000 second-degree burns on her legs. I would only consider getting this treatment done by a licensed physician, and I don't know why... but I have an erie feeling there are no regulations in BA regarding who is qualified/licensed to perform laser treatments. But anyway, even if I found the perfect qualified physician to do this, I doubt I could afford it!

spicygeezer said:
Hi Bianca,
Just to let you know I am a London ex-pat living here in Buenos Aires. I set up a waxing business to service the english speaking clientele of hostels in and around Buenos Aires as we know all too well how awkward it can be whiling the time away whilst a stranger pokes around!
I offer the spanish hot wax system and the strip wax variety.
If you are interested, I can come to you as I have a portable table and wax kit otherwise you are more than welcome to come to my place in Palermo Queens.
Here is my website, please feel free to drop me a line if you need to.
Best wishes,
Sarah
www.ladygardens.net

Thanks Sarah! I bookmarked your website and will probably be getting in touch with you soon. :)

Back