We Rode The Buque Francisco From Montevideo!

Sad indeed, I wonder what exactly makes hovercraft technology obsolete or somehow un-economical.

I imagine a sea full of hovercrafts and hydrofoils under a sky swarmed by zeppelins.
US marine and its landing Hover Crafts still in action full force !

lcac-marines1.jpg

Yeah, the foot cover thing was ridiculous. Plus many people were loosing them on the boat anyway. I mean, for goodness sake, I know we are not used to getting many new things over here, but it's just a boat! BTW, I rode a newish boat called Francisco in Ushuahia as well. Oh well.

hmm, I sail out of YCA, right next door to Buquebus.
When those boats are heading to or from their docks, they make a whole lot of noise, waves, and fuss.
They remind me of colectivos with bad tempered colectiveros on the clock... they will mow down anything that gets in their way.
On the plus side; if I'm in a regatta when Buquebus passes by, I make sure I'm getting those waves from the stern and a bit of surfing :D

On the bad side; sailing with heavy fog... you can hear them even from far off (those powerful engines growl low and loud), you just can't see them until it's too late (and most likely... the bad tempered 'colectivero del rio de la plata' doesn't see you either). And THAT'S the moment you really sh!t your pants. :huh:
10478939_518405718291844_720622518664283876_n.jpg

There was last week when I bought my ticket...I haven't checked since I purchased. The fare for Turista was 839 ARS (I'm a resident, for others that may not be citizens or residents, that price will be 30% higher and they do check your ID when you check in at the counter at the port); they were offering Business Class (Clase Primera) for the same price as Turista which would be the only reason I paid for it.

I was told to always buy the Flexible ticket in case of missing my boat for any unforeseen reason. Turista is the lowest priced flexible ticket for this boat.

I believe the price rises as the seats fill since the same ticket for tomorrow was going for $1100 last week and that is the last day to return after this holiday weekend. Today, Clase Primera was maybe only 25% of capacity.

The fares you quote are they one way or RT ?

Back