Weeping For Argentina

Pensador

Registered
Poor Argentina just cannot get a break.

http://spectator.org/articles/62239/weeping-argentina

the people vote for their leaders, they get what they want. Argentina and other questionable places ...like planet earth ...

Nuf' said? 2 of the first Argentine sayings I learned when I came here back in 1979 were:. "Cada pueblo tiene el gobierno que se merece" Every people have the govt. that they deserve. and "Este país no tiene mas arreglo"- There's no fixing this country.They all know it but VERY few do anything constructive about it.Except repeating these sayings over and over.It's the "No te metas"--Don't Get Involved all the time. Also what surprises me is that we hear nothing about it either from all the economic theoreticians on this fórum..

Nuf' said? 2 of the first Argentine sayings I learned when I came here back in 1979 were:. "Cada pueblo tiene el gobierno que se merece" Every people have the govt. that they deserve. and "Este país no tiene mas arreglo"- There's no fixing this country.They all know it but VERY few do anything constructive about it.Except repeating these sayings over and over.It's the "No te metas"--Don't Get Involved all the time. Also what surprises me is that we hear nothing about it either from all the economic theoreticians on this fórum..

An ode to Argentina and Argentinians​

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xPaeONSn_8

The "no te metas" is a 100% product of the dictatorship. The killings and disappearences turned an extremely politicized society as it was Argentina before Videla, to a depressed, fear of politics, "no te metas en politica".
One of the many legacies of the terror.

9600.I am sorry but I really don't think that you can pin the "No te metas" on the "milicos".I began visiting Argentina in 1965 and,although I don't recall hearing that exact phrase, the non-involment attitude along with talking things to death and actually doing nothing -"la industria del chamuyo"- was already fairly common..

9600.I am sorry but I really don't think that you can pin the "No te metas" on the "milicos".I began visiting Argentina in 1965 and,although I don't recall hearing that exact phrase, the non-involment attitude along with talking things to death and actually doing nothing -"la industria del chamuyo"- was already fairly common..

it is the "Vienas Abertas" mindset. Argentina would be the utopia, the Shangri-la of South America, if it warn't for the milicos or the Americans (USA). Without them, Argentines would be civil to each other, politicized, honest, hard working and very wealthy.

would be civil to each other, politicized, honest, hard working and very wealthy.

That state of culture does not even exist in the USA... Just sayin. And not sayin you said it did Camberiu. But yeah we take the hit for everyone elses lack of motivation.

That state of culture does not even exist in the USA...

Well, the US is not Argentina, is it? If only the US and the milicos would leave Argentina alone, it would be the greatest country in the history of humanity. But since they did not support the US during WWII, they are beign sabotaged left and right, and their true potential will never be reached. That is the greatest historical injustice of all time.

Well, the US is not Argentina, is it? If only the US and the milicos would leave Argentina alone, it would be the greatest country in the history of humanity. But since they did not support the US during WWII, they are beign sabotaged left and right, and their true potential will never be reached. That is the greatest historical injustice of all time.

Its crying shame they are not able to get a grasp on the truth when you think about it. But excuses are for more comfortable than actually achieving something worthy of taking pride in. Who needs pride and excellence when excuses work so well.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MilHojas Articles 0
Back