What are the major liberal and conservative papers in Bs. As.?

ElLatingo

Registered
What are the major "liberal" and "conservative" papers in Buenos Aires? Don't want to challenge anyone's political positions; just curious to know which papers are considered left- and right-leaning (center-leaning papers, too).

To use U.S. papers as examples (sorry, I'm a yanqui and that's what I know)...
The NY Times = Liberal; The Wall Street Journal = Conservative

Thanks!
David

ElLatingo said:
What are the major "liberal" and "conservative" papers in Buenos Aires? Don't want to challenge anyone's political positions; just curious to know which papers are considered left- and right-leaning (center-leaning papers, too).

To use U.S. papers as examples (sorry, I'm a yanqui and that's what I know)...
The NY Times = Liberal; The Wall Street Journal = Conservative

David, just so you know, 'Liberal' does not have the same meaning outside the US as it does in the US. It does not mean left-leaning. In fact "Liberal" means "free market" or low government intervention in the economy. For example, "The Economist" is an example of a liberal publication.

La Nacion would be the Conservative
Pagina 12, the Liberal (US meaning of the word)

Politics really doesn't fall into two neat categories here.

surfing said:
Politics really doesn't fall into two neat categories here.

To be honest does it anywhere? and god I hate the simplicity of the labels.."liberal" draft avoiding, pot smoking, pro-abortion democrat versus the gun toting, pro-life, no taxes for the rich conservative. Noone wins in those categories..after the capital backed vitriolic lying in the primaries Im starting to think the US system has nothing to criticize in Argentina...

This was the exact thing I was hoping to avoid, but I had to use examples (The Times and Journal) to get my point across.

Whether we like it our not, we all use labels for everything in life (religion, politics, nationality). I'm not trying to espouse one/many over another/many; just trying to see which paper would best suit my preferences.

That said, thanks for all the responses. I figured that the same labels didn't apply here, but the examples I gave (NY Times and Journal) were more of a guide.

Out of curiosity, where does Clarin fall?

fifs2 said:
To be honest does it anywhere? and god I hate the simplicity of the labels.."liberal" draft avoiding, pot smoking, pro-abortion democrat versus the gun toting, pro-life, no taxes for the rich conservative. Noone wins in those categories..after the capital backed vitriolic lying in the primaries Im starting to think the US system has nothing to criticize in Argentina...

I agree there's no clear right and left. There are parties whose platforms change and politicians who are their own corrupt little worlds. (And yes, that's international.)

Clarin the major newspaper here leans heavily anti-K... but I wouldn't say they're a conservative paper, either.

ElLatingo said:
This was the exact thing I was hoping to avoid, but I had to use examples (The Times and Journal) to get my point across.

Sorry ElLatingo, as a brit who lived in US I think I needed to vent...sorry it was your post..

Is it possible to divide the major newspapers along these lines (probably with some overlap) and thus get some indication of where they stand?

1. newspapers supporting/read mainly by blue collar workers:
2. newspapers supporting/read mainly by lower middle class:
3. newspapers supporting/read mainly by middle middle class:
4. newspapers supporting/read mainly by upper middle class:
5. newspapers supporting/read mainly by the rich:

Back