What did I say?

you will find gorgeous cafes, as you said, but no real good coffee, as you also said. doesn't seem to exist.

What kind of business are you in? This is quite typical in all types of things, not just networking, but also dating, catching up with people you havent seen in awhile, etc.

To me, a 'we should get together', or a 'ok; I'll let you know when', means 'I will never contact your'.
a good answer would be, "ok, lets have a look at our agenda", and settle a date.

and this is not argentinian. it is general.
just call him back, and make sure to settle on a date before you hang up.

'lets meet sometime' is just too vague here. i agree with the above posts. my suggestion is give them two options, and a location near them. "Which works better for you, Thurs at 10am or Friday at 5pm? How about a coffee shop near your office/home?"
has always worked for me.
failing that, stalk them, sleep outside of their homes and casually bump into them with a borrowed dog you happen to be walking.
good luck.

Two thoughts.......Either they have no interest in seeing you, again and don't want to be rude or they're liars.

nyer4ever said:
Me: Thank you so much. Yes, it would be great to meet you in person too. What is your schedule like this week? Let's meet for a coffee(Starbucks).

(I am a porteño)

Yes, you are making a huge mistake or two.

If you invite for a coffe you are inviting for sex. So, you look like desperated and if you are desperated it means you are not beautiful or you have a lot of issues.

I assume you are a woman. In that case, let the man to invite you and pretend to be busy or that you are not so interested. If he invites you for a coffe, now you know where does he wants to finish the afternoon ;). I suggest you don t accept for an invitation for a coffe and instead then you propose something else like lunch or whatever you like to do.

So, I suggest you avoid the word coffe because culturally we use a lot of euphemism instead of calling things by their names.
Regards

Bajo_cero2 said:
(I am a porteño)

If you invite for a coffe you are inviting for sex. So, you look like desperated and if you are desperated it means you are not beautiful or you have a lot of issues.

I assume you are a woman. In that case, let the man to invite you and pretend to be busy or that you are not so interested. If he invites you for a coffe, now you know where does he wants to finish the afternoon ;). I suggest you don t accept for an invitation for a coffe and instead then you propose something else like lunch or whatever you like to do.

So, I suggest you avoid the word coffe because culturally we use a lot of euphemism instead of calling things by their names.
Regards

OMG - this is so not where I want things to go ... STRICTLY business/creative networking ... thanks for the tip

I contacted everyone, got some apologies for not responding, and it looks like I'll meet with these creatives in the next weeks ... maybe;)

Thanks everyone for the tips ... communication is so tough

Bajo_cero2 said:
(I am a porteño)

Regards

My porteño bf says that if you're asking them for coffee at 1am they might think this, but that if you're asking them to meet you at Starbucks or some other cafe in the afternoon they will not assume you want to have sex with them instead of having coffee!

1) Saying "Let's meet for coffee" doesn't in any way mean you'll see the person again. It's kind of a throw-away phrase here like "I'll call you." Doesn't actually mean they will call.

2) That being said, follow up is a good thing is you want to lock them down and meeting someone for coffee in the afternoon is a totally normal networking thing here and no one will blink about it. Just be careful to restrict it to business hours as asking someone to have a coffee in the evening can have a different connotation as BaltRochGirl said.;)

Back