What Do You Call A Piece Of Hardware

jbhenson

Registered
I thought this might be a helpful thread for those of us who sometimes have to buy things and don't know how to say it in Spanish. I am hoping you all will help me with the first question for the thread.

what do you call a magnetic latch like the type used in kitchen cabinets in the US?

I have tried doing a search on mercadolibre for

cierre magnético de gabinete, cierre magnético, imanes

So help me out here PLEASE!​

773199318019lg.jpg

I need some of these that are VERY powerful.

It is even difficult for us locals. Have you ever passed by a ferreteria or herrajeria and seen a sign that says "no tenemos el cosito" ;) :D ?

One thing, don't bother with gabinete, we call them alacenas in here. Iman para puerta de placard o alacena.

If it doesn't work, I would go to your nearest ferreteria with your phone, you show them the picture and they will tell you what it is called.

Saludos!

I thought this might be a helpful thread for those of us who sometimes have to buy things and don't know how to say it in Spanish. I am hoping you all will help me with the first question for the thread.

what do you call a magnetic latch like the type used in kitchen cabinets in the US?

So help me out here PLEASE!

View attachment 4282

I agree with Nativexp and Rodolfo. With a picture of it you'll be able to buy it in nearest Ferreteria or Casa de Herrajes.
In any case, this is site for everything in "herrajes":

http://www.herrajesmanolo.com.ar/productos.php?cat=2

(scroll down the page to find the "Imán para puerta de placard y alacenas"

I just searched for "iman para puerta" and this came up.

Reten magnetico maybe.

http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar/MLA-603041494-reten-magnetico-iman-para-puertas-marron-o-blanco-x-10-uni-_JM

So help me out here PLEASE!

View attachment 4282

I would be surprised if La Virula on Juan B Justo doesn't have it. Just wander around the store.

T/

Argentine hardware stores or ironmongers as we used to call them, are the 8th wonder of the world.
Bloody marvellous places.

Back