What does the Governor know that I don't ...

rivardco

Registered
a hate to keep probing, but as so often is the case on this particular discussion board, at the moment where a very "discussions worthy" point is raised the attention fads, or becomes sidetracked to the topic of dog poop.

QUOTE - "Even with residency, you will always be a foreigner, and not necessarily welcome within the family circle."

Naturally, most sensible people, from any country, require a little due diligence of strangers ... that is the case even in Colombia - especially among the "better families. And, of course, there are steriotypes that tourists are pleasure seekers. Such is life.

But do these outlooks do more then hinder possbiliities and relationships - among all people - men and women?
 

Grazie

Registered
rivardco, re: your original question about what the "Gov"knows and what you don't...obviously the Gov. did not know a lot. He had placed this woman Maria 'separated but not yet divorced' in a very difficult situation. In Argentina the rule/law of being separated is very different than that of being divorced (with decree). The Gov did not know that by exposing her (and her children) to this public humiliation of their infidelity she could face very serious (meaning negative) custodial, financial ramifications. Oh, I give you "extra marital' stuff are going on here all the time - but never openly like he had done to her.
So obviously the Gov did not know alot (except for his immediate burning desire for a hot and exotic adventure here) when he started this liason with Maria.
 

rivardco

Registered
Equally interesting and sad. But, of course, I did not entitle the thread literally. Rather, it was an innocent a simile.

Intended to probe the question of AW's orientation and perspective of gringos - yankies.

BTW, I am not hoping / looking for a handicap. I do not even care if the field is level and fair. I am just asking for experience and perspective to add to that which I have already received.

Gracias..
 

steveinbsas

Registered
rivardco said:
Equally interesting and sad. But, of course, I did not entitle the thread literally. Rather, it was an innocent a simile.
I can suggest an alternative title: What does the governor have that I don't?

The answer is twofold: Power and a wife (it sounds like you're single).



rivardco said:
Intended to probe the question of AW's orientation and perspective of gringos - yankies.

BTW, I am not hoping / looking for a handicap. I do not even care if the field is level and fair. I am just asking for experience and perspective to add to that which I have already received.

Gracias..
Not sure what you mean by handicap...the battlefield of men vs. women is never level or fair. They are the gatekeepers, and the women of Argentina clearly have a much higher guard against foreign intruders (especially when it comes to men from the USA) than their female counterparts in other SA nations.

There are other threads on the subject that will help you form a better perspective from a distance, which, in my opinion is generally a good thing to have when it comes to a "relationship" with an Argentine woman. Of course there are exceptions, but I still believe you need to have more than "tourist status" to even get close.
 

steveinbsas

Registered
Grazie said:
rivardco, re: your original question about what the "Gov"knows and what you don't...obviously the Gov. did not know a lot. He had placed this woman Maria 'separated but not yet divorced' in a very difficult situation. In Argentina the rule/law of being separated is very different than that of being divorced (with decree). The Gov did not know that by exposing her (and her children) to this public humiliation of their infidelity she could face very serious (meaning negative) custodial, financial ramifications. Oh, I give you "extra marital' stuff are going on here all the time - but never openly like he had done to her.
So obviously the Gov did not know alot (except for his immediate burning desire for a hot and exotic adventure here) when he started this liason with Maria.

Riiiight...

It's all his fault.

She apparently had no say (or choice) in the matter?

Unless she is crying "rape" she is culpable, too.

I'm pretty sure that she had to voluntarily assume one of many positions for him to place her in the "difficult situation" she now faces.

I seriously doubt either of them ever wanted to have any of this in the open. It wasn't until the gov got caught letting the little head tell the big head where to go...without telling anyone else that it all surfaced.

Remember, it takes two to...

No, I'm not actually going to say (write) it.
 

Grazie

Registered
steveinbsas, don't get me wrong - she IS the other half to the tango dance team. I wrote it already on my original response.
 

elhombresinnombre

Registered
steveinbsas said:
.....and the women of Argentina clearly have a much higher guard against foreign intruders (especially when it comes to men from the USA).
Not just the USA. As recently as 1807 they were pouring boiling oil over us Brits.
 
Top