What hashing is for ex-pats and locals alike.

Liam3494

Registered
For those who are bored, want to do something a little different, and at the same time meet people of all ages, and all nationalities (well, OK, we don't have any Welsh! (yet!!!!)), then why not come along to the First Buenos Airies Hash House Harriers Event of Spring.

I regularly post the details of the Buenos Aires Hash House Harriers runs in the Events Forum on here, but in case you haven't checked out the regular posts there, I thought it would be useful to explain what Hashing is to newcomers and those looking for something fun to do on a Sunday morning.

If you are unsure what hashing is all about, it is known as "The Drinking Club with A Running problem". Basically we meet up, and some people (the hares) have run ahead and set a trail for the rest (the pack) to follow. Now, you can run hard, be athletic, or you can plod along, even walk, the trail caters for all sorts, and everyone is welcome, from 2 to 92. Its non-competitive, a fun way to see the place, and once the running/walking is over, we all settle down, enjoy a few beers, a bite to eat (hence the small charge), and swop tales and jokes, and make friends - some you will have for life! Here in Buenos Aires we have a good mix of ex-pats and locals alike. If you are not careful you might well get a down-down, but i won't explain that to the uninitiated, you will just have to come along to see for yourselves.

Seriously - it's not serious - It's fun, and as I say, a great way to meet people. If you are travelling around, you are likely to find Hash House Harriers in most major cities around the world, and even some very remote places have kennels (the name given to a local hash). So, come along, give it a try, you will return.....

We Hash every two weeks, and this weeks is Sunday, Sept 26th, in the City Centre, meeting at 11 am, for an 11.30 run, Corner of Esmeralda and Arenales (near the fountain on the corner), and just bring aloing a drinking vessel, a bowl, a fork, a few pesos ($20), yourselves, and dress for a little trot around the city....

What better way to welcome in Spring (or recover from that Saturday night hangover!).....

On On

Hey Liam,
Won't be down BA-way again for another couple months or so, but have been following your Hash House Harriers posts here and I"m looking forward to meeting up with you all when I return.
Maureen

Thanks, Liam.
I was interested to know exactly how the Harriers work. I'll make it to the meet one weekend when I'm free.

Maureen and RRPT (How do I shorten that name to make sense?).... We look forward to seeing you at some point in the future. I'll keep posting the threads every two weeks, which amazingly, is when we have a hash :)...

On On

You know I have witnessed Hashing in a number of countries but have yet to attend. I think I will this Sunday. Thanks for the update!

Hey Liam...depending on what time I roll in (and or out) of my house, I too may join in...my first...several questions for you:

1.) How long do you all usually "hang out" after the trot? I.e., what's the timeline like?

2.) I am a vegetarian - will that be a problem?

3.) Do you have a cell phone number in which I could/may contact you?

Cheers, Alex

Back