What if Obama loses?

I do not believe that Obama will win just because there are too many small minded people in the USA who will never vote him into office. The USA for all that it is preaches would never either vote a woman into the presidency. They are far behind most of Europe and either South America who they belittle as being undemocratic.

Can you imagine Christina Fernandez Kirchner or Michelle Bachilet being the president of the USA. Middle America is like the stone ages.

If Obama loses, the stock market will rally (at least temporarily).

There may also be BITS.

If anyone thinks that the stock market will rally again and recover the ground they have lost they wil be disappointed. There will be small rallies then bigger drops until the stock market loses another 70 percent of its value. I hope I am wrong but all the indicators I have show this pattern.

There have been many ethical commentators who have predicted this happening from 2 years ago but who listened? They like me were called doom and gloom merchants.
The only safe investments are physical gold and well priced land that can grow food. Keeping your money in dollars will give you a return in the short term until December 2008 or near that date. Then there will be a huge correction

pericles said:
The only safe investments are physical gold and well priced land that can grow food. Keeping your money in dollars will give you a return in the short term until December 2008 or near that date. Then it will sink like most currencies are doing now in the western world.

Does this mean you are now advising prospective real estate clients NOT to buy apartments here?

Steve I recommend select properties as an investment and certainly not New developments in Puerto Madero and Palermo Hollywood where prices for many properties are not justified.

Well maintained antique properties that are close to their city are a safer investment as over time they will hold their value and also give a excellent rental return as long as you are paying the right price.

Back to the topic in hand which was Obama . I do not believe that he will be this saviour as some hope for . The problems in the USA are too complex and just overspending now will not make this go away. The only person who I had some respect of late was Ron Paul but he was laughed down by the moral majority.

pericles said:
Steve I recommend select properties as an investment and certainly not New developments in Puerto Madero and Palermo Hollywood where prices for many properties are not justified.

Well maintained antique properties that are close to their city are a safer investment as over time they will hold their value and also give a excellent rental return as long as you are paying the right price.

Back to the topic in hand which was Obama . I do not believe that he will be this saviour as some hope for . The problems in the USA are too complex and just overspending now will not make this go away. The only person who I had some respect of late was Ron Paul but he was laughed down by the moral majority.

I'm going to make an "Earth Box" to put on the balcony of my antique property which is close to the city. Then I can grow food and perhaps I'll be safe. At least I won't be in the US on election night. The streets of some US cities could be dangerous if Obama loses: Some of the Republicans who recently jumped ship and endorsed him are going to be really, really, angry...and remember, they've got guns.

What if a major "issue" comes up on/before election day and it gets postponed? Then the US will have more time with "W". If McCain wins...the southern states will rise again. I'm with Steveinbsas I'm glad we aren't in Chicago now. At least on election night we will be listen to Bela Fleck and the Flecktones play at Teatro Colon.

criswkh said:
What if a major "issue" comes up on/before election day and it gets postponed? Then the US will have more time with "W". If McCain wins...the southern states will rise again. I'm with Steveinbsas I'm glad we aren't in Chicago now. At least on election night we will be listen to Bela Fleck and the Flecktones play at Teatro Colon.

I have heard from many people in the know that there will be a major issue before the elections causing a postponement . Of course this will favour the Republicans . Chriswkh what is your opinion?

steveinbsas said:
Does this mean you are now advising prospective real estate clients NOT to buy apartments here?

...nothing to do with the thread...

but have you seen the volume of property for sale in the north zone (Olivos-San Isidro-Tigre)?? it is imense.

obviously alot of people want out...

I think anything is possible at this point. I believe a major of people are fed up with both parties. Depending on the "issue", it could favor the Republicans or at least buy them sometime to rig more diebolds.

Back