what is the story with Eki?

mienke

Registered
Being new to BsAs, I had been scouting out all the supermarkets.
I've noticed right accross the city there are loads of EKIS supermarkets... always dead quiet, like a horror movie and almost empty shelves.

Why does no one shop there? more expensive, bad quality, bad rep?

just curious :)

They have just changed ownershio and the rumour is that they were bought by someone clsoe to the Kirchner family.

I even heard it was part of a plan called "supermercados para todos" , to bring prices down , and combat the power of the foreign owned groups like Jumbo and Carrefour.

Could only happen here.....

I think they're shutting down and obviously, having any kind of sale or price reduction to get rid of stock would be completely out of the question in Arg hence the slow death...(ever seen those bashed-looking Easter eggs still hanging around supermarkets in October, with no price mark-down whatsoever?)
I heard that the govt purchased the Ekkis in order to open a "comida para todos" type affair in order to help "combat" inflated local food prices somewhat.

Eki supermarket have a serious problem with the workers. It seems that they don't paid the salaries on time...The supermarket's main office is near my house and I have seen these days the workers doing "piquetes" on the street, breaking windows, throwing eggs and scratching the walls...

Back