What is your status while waiting for citizenship application to be processed?

ventanilla

Registered
I've gotten unclear answers from my lawyer on this. What is your migration status while waiting for citizenship application to finish? It takes about 2 years I've been told.

Do you get a transitional visa while you wait? Can you leave and re-enter the country? Can you get a DNI? Etc.

You should ask bajo-cero2, he is an expert on an immigration issue especially getting the citizenship done..

You are a citizen waiting for the evidence of your status.

Thanks, could you please explain how this works? Do you get documentation that allows you to re-enter the country, that you can provide to businesses in lieu of a DNI, etc?

Thanks, could you please explain how this works? Do you get documentation that allows you to re-enter the country, that you can provide to businesses in lieu of a DNI, etc?
You do not get anything. You cannot be extradited that's about it. Figure out your residency with Migraciones.

1.Do you get a transitional visa while you wait? 2.Can you leave and re-enter the country? 3.Can you get a DNI? Etc.
1. No, not based on your citizenship application alone.
2. Sure, under your current immigration status. If you are here as a tourist (risidencia transitoria) you would be admitted under that. Not during the pandemic thou. There is no immigration status "applying for citizenship".
3. No.
As long as the court is reviewing your application you cannot be kicked out of the country.

1. No, not based on your citizenship application alone.
2. Sure, under your current immigration status. If you are here as a tourist (risidencia transitoria) you would be admitted under that. Not during the pandemic thou. There is no immigration status "applying for citizenship".
3. No.
As long as the court is reviewing your application you cannot be kicked out of the country.
1. I acchieved the precaria for citizenship application in 2013 and now that the DNU 70/2017 is abolished I'm asking for it again.
2. Normally yes, nowadays it is more complicated because not even native citizens can under certain restrictions that change weekly. However, I have many clients who are abroad now and they are going to come back, probably, as citizens.
3. Not a DNI, but a precaria can be achieved.
4. Well, this is not so clear dsp27, there was one person in this forum who was deported even he was applying for citizenship but but his lawyer was a friend of him I think, and this is a very specialized subject. It depends on the skill of your lawyer. During the DNU 70/2017 I got zero deportations, I achieved to free one arrested for deportation and I won the appeal against immigration where they enact a fraudulent arrest order for deportation and later appealed the granted citizenship. The Chamber of Appeals said that who was committing fraud was immigration because they knew he was applying for citizenship.

I've gotten unclear answers from my lawyer on this. What is your migration status while waiting for citizenship application to finish? It takes about 2 years I've been told.

Do you get a transitional visa while you wait? Can you leave and re-enter the country? Can you get a DNI? Etc.

The court process took less than two years in my case. I suggest you accept only clear answers from your lawyer. That's why you are paying a lawyer. There are threads on this forum about citizenship which may help you.

When a decision is made by the judge, you take an oath, receive a CARTA DE CIUDADANIA signed by the judge, then you apply for the DNI. With a DNI you can also apply for a passport.

Back