What to Do for Arg. Independence day July 9?

Rease

Registered
This is my 3rd 4th of July outside of the US and I am really missing a proper independence day celebration! July 9th is Argentina's independence day, but I can never seem to find any real celebration.

Does anyone have any events planned? What do you normally do for the 9th?

Rease, I just put a post about 4th of July, its my 2nd outside of the US and each year I miss it more and more! Let me know if you'd be interested in doing something or if you know of anything thats going on. Email is the best way to get in touch with me, [email protected]

As far as 9 de Julio, no idea. I also have yet to find a real celebration...

I'm thinking about doing something unusual - getting more drunk than usual ;) lol

Well, for us is a day for eating locro and that´s it. I agree with Amargo.

Lee said:
Of course exploding things stills turns me on but here in Argentina that do that more for Christmas! You gotta love that!

Silent night... peaceful night... :D

Pfff at the nationalism comment being evil. Do you really believe that? Nationalism doesn't equal racism in anyway.

You could go to the Casa Rosada, there are free tours (like every Saturday-Sunday) and now renovations have made it really beautiful inside. You can even have a peek at Cristina´s office and take a photo from one of the balconies overlooking the Plaza.

Pfff at the nationalism comment being evil. Do you really believe that?

Sure I do! Nationalism is not just waving flags when your national team is playing!
Nationalism played a major role in WWII, Balkan War, Chechen Wars, most African civil wars, etc.
And it is the reason why so many soldiers from NATO countries are dragged to the front line to die like lambs.

Back