What Will It Take to Rescue Argentina’s Economy?

MilHojas

Registered

,,, Fernandez will not be a puppet to Cristina Kirchner. “But the relationship there is complicated,” said Burke-White. “It leads to even greater instability in the markets because no one quite knows whether they’re going to get a Kirchner presidency Take 3 or if Fernandez really represents something new, which is what he is claiming as we move toward the final balloting.”

What will it take to rescue Argentina's economy? It certainly wasn't the $50 billion from the IMF. My guess? No one knows; that's the problem! But, everybody has an opinion, and that's a problem too!

I haven't lost hope yet, but have been disappointed so many times that I wonder why I still have hope. But, do cultures have something to do? I saw a photo a few days ago about the pig style mess the piqueteros left on the 9 de Julio when they finished their "acampe". And then I remembered the photo of the Japanese fans cleaning their section of the stadium after watching a soccer game. What a contrast!

I always thought you can be poor but not live like a pig; maybe that belief is not true.

Key last Paragraph in linked article..

“But the question is, can Alberto Fernandez invent slightly different economic policies that aren’t going straight back to Kirchnerism and that also aren’t the austerity that Macri represents?” Burke-White wondered. “We don’t know whether he has the political wherewithal or if there is an economic path that sort of marries those two agendas.” ???

PD: All non Peronista Governments Failed in the Past? Non Peronista Leaders are incapable ??? Or the Peronista faith will boicots other policies.

It seems obvious to me that the answer is to build jobs, manufacturing, exports, education, and infrastructure in Argentina, by spending cash flow, not by expecting some angel "investors" to come in and magically fix everything.
Foreign investors, including the IMF, have a 500 year history of asset stripping in South America.

Revising the tax structure to actually tax the people who are making money would be a good start.

Regardless of what you think of his taste in sweaters, Evo, in Bolivia, has been doing well resisting IMF and foreign "investors" and slowly bootstrapping Bolivia to a better place.
Simply by building the cablecars up to the plateau, he has invigorated the former slum of El Alto into a thriving neighborhood with lots of business, jobs, and new construction.
The IMF and international advisors wanted him to borrow tens of billions and build a subway (in solid rock) and similar stupid ideas.

It seems obvious to me that the answer is to build jobs, manufacturing, exports, education, and infrastructure in Argentina, by spending cash flow, not by expecting some angel "investors" to come in and magically fix everything.
Foreign investors, including the IMF, have a 500 year history of asset stripping in South America.

Revising the tax structure to actually tax the people who are making money would be a good start.

Regardless of what you think of his taste in sweaters, Evo, in Bolivia, has been doing well resisting IMF and foreign "investors" and slowly bootstrapping Bolivia to a better place.
Simply by building the cablecars up to the plateau, he has invigorated the former slum of El Alto into a thriving neighborhood with lots of business, jobs, and new construction.
The IMF and international advisors wanted him to borrow tens of billions and build a subway (in solid rock) and similar stupid ideas.

To stimulate a economy you need to create employment and a tax base . What this government has done has been completely anti business and employment . Just with the 20 billion dollars that they spent defending the peso they could have created small business loans with low interest for hundreds of thousands of people that would have generated millions of jobs .

Argentina at the moment has no consumption as it it not generating money internally for the large middle class . They are the drivers of the economy not the small elite class of just 5% of the population . The economy is in deep recession and people have no money to spend as its be eaten up by inflation and devaluation .

The money loant from the imf was a disaster for Argentina as it did not create any economic benefit for us . The next government will have to pay this back and this will be difficult in the current world economic situation . I cannot see any positive change in the economy for many years to come .

To stimulate a economy you need to create employment and a tax base . What this government has done ...

Ñoquis is a good example of government-generated employment. Give money to people who don't do anything. Then tax them. This is a recipe for success.

I suggest that you read my reply carefully instead of misquoting me to gain some political point .

I am a capitalist that believes in creating employment . I mentioned in my comment that business loans with low interest are a excellent way of stimulating the economy and creating employment . I did not mention in any shape or form government bludger jobs that is corruption at its most venal form .

By the way you know that the government has wasted 20 billion dollars just to defend the peso this month . Where is your moral outrage about this ?

Back