What's a Land Line (Phone) Called Here?

bobg

Registered
I need to buy one of the phone calling cards and of course I need to make sure I get one for land lines and not one of the ones for cell phones.

Thanks, Bob

or fijo too? But youi are the Argie here Nikad. (Fijo = pronounce = Fi-ho)

French jurist said:
or fijo too? But youi are the Argie here Nikad. (Fijo = pronounce = Fi-ho)
Telefono fijo should work too ;)

I just ask for cards by their brand name: Tienes tarjetas Hable mas?

If they said no I asked of they had other brands: Tienes otras marcas?

steveinbsas said:

Linea fija.

Thanks to all who have responded.

Steveinbsas: Do you know if the Hable Mas cards are good for any kind of call from my land line, i.e. to a cell phone and to a number outside of BsAs, even outside of Argentina?

Thanks, Bob

steveinbsas said:

bobg said:
Steveinbsas: Do you know if the Hable Mas cards are good for any kind of call from my land line, i.e. to a cell phone and to a number outside of BsAs, even outside of Argentina?

Yes, I've used them to call the USA and Europe.

I now use skype for all my international calls. It's much cheaper than the phone cards.

all of the answers given for land line are used here in buenos aires. you can use "línea fija" but usually i´ve heard it one of these ways:

"llamáme al fijo, por favor."
¿tenés un teléfono de línea?

if you want to buy a card to CALL LOCALLY from a land line at the quiosco, you probably want to use one from your telephone company (telecom or telefónica). "una tarjeta de telefónica para hacer llamadas del fijo"

i´ve never used llamada directa or hable más for locals calls - i think they are more for calling abroad.

to my knowledge, the only cell phone cards are by brand so either: claro, movistar or personal. (i don´t think nextel has cards.)

so i agree with steveinbsas that it´s easier to ask for a specific brand and if they don´t have it, see what else they have.

Back