What's an effective way to promote a food product in BA?

Best way to promote is word of mouth in your area, maybe flers if you don't deliver.
Guess you would be one of the thousands of pyme's that sell homemade products.

Best way to promote is word of mouth in your area, maybe flers if you don't deliver.
Guess you would be one of the thousands of pyme's that sell homemade products.

So far I'm able to maintain a small volume of orders from people on Instagram, but most of them don't like the idea of having to drive all the way to Floresta to pick up their cake. I definitely need to promote the product locally somehow, word-of-mouth like you say is timeless and very important. Thanks for the reminder.

That's what delivery services like Rappi and Glovo are for.

Argentine delivery services do not provide guarantees and if they mess up my cake I would be the one to take the heat from frustrated customers, too risky, not sure what to do about that.

So far I'm able to maintain a small volume of orders from people on Instagram, but most of them don't like the idea of having to drive all the way to Floresta to pick up their cake. I definitely need to promote the product locally somehow, word-of-mouth like you say is timeless and very important. Thanks for the reminder.

You can advertise on FB and Instagram and target the area just around Floresta.

You should retain the services of an attorney like BajoC to get your citizenship that way you won't get deported for baking cakes.

You can advertise on FB and Instagram and target the area just around Floresta.

You should retain the services of an attorney like BajoC to get your citizenship that way you won't get deported for baking cakes.

I don't need my citizenship not will I get deported for making no-bake cakes, thanks for the scare tactic.

Even worse...the immigration authorities have been cracking down hard on the no-bake variety.

LOL, thanks for the hilarious read.... What everyone is saying is absolutely true technically regarding “what could happen if...” scenarios.

I think if your plan is to just be a small at-home type business, and you are catering to a specialty group of people who rather than be envious of your work (extremely common in Argentina) will appreciate it and depend on you for it (Which, in the case of very specialized services, namely ones that are hard if not impossible to copy/replicate, which sounds to me is your case) you shouldn’t have a problem.

I’m actually a bit surprised by how intense folks have been on this forum with you about this. Again, everything they’ve cited is completely true, but it’s very much more a do as I say and not as I do. I know of even high-end restaurants who get their desserts from individual vendors such as yourself, and I know for a fact that they are in the same situation as what you manifest.

What you mentioned before about trust and establishing a rapport is huge here, for good and for bad. That local arrogant bakery lady who snickered at you about her month-old cheesecake probably is cushy as could be because she has had her customers for decades.
With regards to advertising, what Steven said is right anywhere you go the more that you advertise the more you expose yourself to everything, so perhaps keeping it low key and word of mouth based is best.
I think what most if not all self employed people do is try out what they plan to do to see if they can actually live off it after paying the amount that you’d need to pay each month for monotributo and then go “official” .

Even worse...the immigration authorities have been cracking down hard on the no-bake variety.

Oh please, do yourself a favor and order one of my freshly made no-bake cheesecakes and do not worry about my low-key business profile.

Back