Whats the best way to transfer dollars out.

Bill.Cochabamba

Registered
What is the best way to transfer dollars out of Argentina after selling an apartment in 2012. I appreciate the suggestions.

Thanks,
Bill

Bill.Cochabamba said:
What is the best way to transfer dollars out of Argentina after selling an apartment in 2012. I appreciate the suggestions.

Thanks,
Bill

See if the person can pay you abroad, but I'm not sure that's actually legal. If it's legal I would buy it from you in a heartbeat if the price is right and it's not falling apart. Anyone know if this is allowed?

2estrellas said:
See if the person can pay you abroad, but I'm not sure that's actually legal. If it's legal I would buy it from you in a heartbeat if the price is right and it's not falling apart. Anyone know if this is allowed?

Yes, the person can pay you abroad. I recently bought mine from another Expat and I paid the person directly abroad. The owner had problems to sell the apartment to local people cause she was told she could not take all the money legally with her. Not sure why.

Just talked to an escribano, yes, it's legal to do all the payment abroad. The issue is just if the owner doesn't have their account abroad declared, because that info goes into the escritura. In that case, the AFIP can easily find out that they have that account and they will probably have problems. So, it's unlikely that someone will say yes, because a lot of people don't declare their accounts abroad. In the case of an expat that's leaving the country, what do they care about the AFIP.

So Bill, want to sell me your apartment?

You can smuggle the cash to Uruguay and open an account in a bank there. Then you can wire transfer the money to another account anywhere in the world. Me and my wife use Discount Bank in Colonia. Please note that you are only allowed to carry 10000 USD out of the country at a time. We always carry more and have never had a problem. Good luck and be careful.

Can 1,000 Swiss franc notes be gotten in BA? Good way to transport cash.

Back