Whats The Trick To Booking A Flight? Us To Ba?

trojans10

Registered
I'm planning on living in Argentina for a while and was looking at flights from SFO, OAK, LAX to BA, and they are all super expensive. I was wondering, are there any airlines you guys recommend? Is it cheaper if someone in Argentina bought the tickets for me somehow? I'm just looking for some insight. Maybe someone knows something I don't! Overall, It would be nice to spend less than 1500 on round trip tickets.

Thanks!!

kayak and google flights are good. and find in AA and UA official website. I heard many backpackers bought cheap ticket through these.

It is more expensive to buy tickets from Argentina to the USA, USA to Argentina is always cheaper. San Jose airport is cheaper than Oakland usually, avoid flying through Houston. July seems to be about the same price as Christmas these days!

I have been utilizing online travel site based in San Jose California ......vayama.com. Great customer service online and via phone. Also check prices on cheapoair.com.

Thru Vayama, 3 months ago I booked a r/t ticket EZE-SFO on Avianca for mid-Sept, 2016. Price was USD$500 less than those published on the sites of the big carriers I have used in the past....UAL and AA. Will be my first time on Avianca. A plus is that Avianca allows 2 suitcases without extra charge. I think Avianca utilizes TACA flights when reservations on their flights exceed seats available. I have flown on TACA to SFO in the past.....excellent cabin service.

I also booked a flight SFO-Rome for late Sept on Swiss Air. Price was USD$475 less than the published rate on the Swiss site.

On my UAL flight from SFO to EZE in Sept, 2015 I had to stand firm while one of the stewardess attempted to tell me that I had to vacate my seat and move to another. Although I had selected it online and was printed on my boarding pass. It was the aisle seat on the last middle row of 3 in the back. She stated in a Texan snippy tone that the row is "reserved" for one of crew members to rest during the flight. My reply...."I am a frequent flyer with UA and I paid in full for this ticket". I kept my seat and slept all the way home stretched out on the 3 seats on my row.

I've had a Kayak alert monitoring prices for an October flight for a while now, and it's generally been in the $750-875 range (though from Dulles/DC, not West Coast). For anything under $1k you're going to have to be willing to go smaller airline and endure more stops.

I'm planning on living in Argentina for a while and was looking at flights from SFO, OAK, LAX to BA, and they are all super expensive. I was wondering, are there any airlines you guys recommend? Is it cheaper if someone in Argentina bought the tickets for me somehow? I'm just looking for some insight. Maybe someone knows something I don't! Overall, It would be nice to spend less than 1500 on round trip tickets.

Thanks!!
Use Kayak. The price depends on your dates, of course, and you haven't provided them. No, it's not cheaper if the ticket is bought in Argentina - who told you that?

I use google flights to search for the best deal. You choose multiple airport both as departing airport and destination airport.

I usually put AEP, EZE and MVD. Flying on MVD is a lot cheaper. Then the ticket to EZE is about 150 usd.

I have been utilizing online travel site based in San Jose California ......vayama.com. Great customer service online and via phone. Also check prices on cheapoair.com.

Thru Vayama, 3 months ago I booked a r/t ticket EZE-SFO on Avianca for mid-Sept, 2016. Price was USD$500 less than those published on the sites of the big carriers I have used in the past....UAL and AA. Will be my first time on Avianca. A plus is that Avianca allows 2 suitcases without extra charge. I think Avianca utilizes TACA flights when reservations on their flights exceed seats available. I have flown on TACA to SFO in the past.....excellent cabin service.

I also booked a flight SFO-Rome for late Sept on Swiss Air. Price was USD$475 less than the published rate on the Swiss site.

On my UAL flight from SFO to EZE in Sept, 2015 I had to stand firm while one of the stewardess attempted to tell me that I had to vacate my seat and move to another. Although I had selected it online and was printed on my boarding pass. It was the aisle seat on the last middle row of 3 in the back. She stated in a Texan snippy tone that the row is "reserved" for one of crew members to rest during the flight. My reply...."I am a frequent flyer with UA and I paid in full for this ticket". I kept my seat and slept all the way home stretched out on the 3 seats on my row.

Avianca merged with Taca in 2009.
The merger was fully completed in 2014 and since then the TACA brand name and livery has been disappearing.

I have flown Avianca several times over the last year and I can confirm the service is better than most European and US carriers.

Thanks!!

Full disclosure: I sell tickets for a living.

Unless there are specific reasons (truly peak season, need particular flights, stuff like that), I rarely sell economy tickets for more than 1500. If you get in touch I can see what I can help with.

I've worked with a few people around here. Generally I think people who work with me end up happy.
AFAIK the worst complaint someone ever had was my not responding in a timely manner, which a) rarely happens these days and b ) would leave you no worse off.

Regards.

Back