Whats Up With Mercadolibre These Days?

I HATE ML: . .. The never ending saga!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...
  • Aug 15: I prepaid in advance by MercadoPago.
  • Since Aug 15, Vendor did not and does not want to supply pick up location address.
  • Aug 16: I initiated a reclamo for a refund.
  • Aug 17: ML shut down the vendor. "Publicación pausada" ... "Este vendedor no tiene buena reputación en el sitio."
  • Aug 20: ML response .. “Vendador tiene hasta el día 22/ago para responderte”
  • Aug 23: ML response #1
  • Aug 23: I requested "Por favor. SOLO DEVUELVA EL DINERO."
  • Aug 23: ML response #2
  • Aug 23: "Ya no me intersa ni el producto ni saber nada del vendedor.Por favor SOLO DEVUELVA MI DINERO."
  • Next ??
ML reponse #1
Gracias por indicarnos lo que pasó. Lamentamos que las cosas no estén saliendo como esperabas y estamos aquí para ayudarte a partir de ahora.
Por eso, queremos confirmarte que ya le pedimos a tu vendedor que envíe el artículo o te devuelva el dinero. Para que te brinde una solución cuanto antes, le dimos un plazo de 3 días hábiles. En cuanto termine este plazo, te volveremos a contactar.
Si tienes alguna novedad o preferencia, no dudes en volver a escribirnos nuevamente.
¡Haremos todo lo posible para que el reclamo se resuelva lo antes posible!
23/ago 08:57

ML response #2
Buenos días. ¿Cómo estás?
Entendemos tu preocupación por lo que pasó y queremos que sepas que en todo momento te estaremos ayudando en lo que podamos.
Quédate tranquilo, ya le pedimos a tu contraparte que te devuelva el dinero de la compra, dentro del plazo que culmina el 28/08 a últimas horas del día.
Sabemos que no es grato para ti tener que aguardar a que tu vendedor responda, pero al iniciarle un reclamo es necesario esperar a que el mismo nos conteste, ya que en el caso de no tener noticias del mismo, tomamos las medidas correspondientes en su cuenta. Ademas, queremos que sepas que el no ve ni recibe los mensajes que tu le envías en esta instancia.
The vendor sent me his address as "Martin Coronado, Buenos Aires".
How is it possible he replied to my meassage without seeing or receiving it?
Igualmente, no tienes de qué preocuparte ya que tu dinero está 100% protegido por Mercado Pago y en caso de que tu vendedor no responda, te devolveremos el dinero total de la operación.
Te solicitamos que aguardes por nuestro contacto que será ni bien tengamos noticias de tu contraparte o al finalizar el correspondiente.
Que tengas un excelente día. ¡Saludos!

They mean the seller won't see what you are writing to them for the claim. Calm down. You'll get your money back. No need to post on this forum to vent when you have ML's sucstomer service already taking care of it.

Jack from Alibaba has been in Buenos Aires... talking to people.. might have an interest in purchasing Mercado Libre... so I guess the Chinese will be camping out down there and not Amazon..MELI might be worth about 35% more if such news were to be posted..... happy investing !!
Mercadolibre, Inc. (MELI)

NASDAQ Global Select - NASDAQ Global Select Delayed Price. Currency in USD

Add to watchlist

243.62+0.08 (+0.03%)
At close: 4:00PM EDT

244.00 +0.38 (0.16%)
After hours: 5:58PM EDT

I HATE ML: . .. The never ending saga!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...

Yesterday was ML latest date for my refund. Not a Boo. No refund.
(They changed their refund date 3 times).

What a scam !!!!!

I waited until the refund was made to add to this topic. In a new and short lived thread there was a post indicating that ML made the refund after the seller did not do so. The title of the other thread called Mercado Libre a S C A M!!!!

I would like to assure others who are uncertain about using ML that it is not a scam but it can be quite "stressful" for anyone who is not familiar with the rules and how the system works.

I have been using ML for about ten years and made more than 400 purchases. I've never lost one centavo. As I previously indicated, I've made at least ten reclamos and I've prevailed in all of them. Understanding the process of making a claim is important.

When you sign up with ML you have to agree to the terms and conditions of the website and every time you click on comprar you reaffirm that agreement.

Here a few facts that I hope will help others who have to make a reclamo in the future:

As I indicated in an earlier post in this thread, when you initiate a relcamo the seller has three business days to respond. This does not mean the seller has three days to make a refund, only that they must reply to the claim.

The three business days do not include Saturdays, Sundays, or holidays, so, if you make a relcamo on a Wednesday after 8 AM and the following Monday is a holiday, the seller will have until midnight Tuesday to reply.

Based on my experience, MLdoes not give a date that they will make the refund. as the reclamo progresses. They only inform the buyer when they will make the next contact.

I believe the seller is able to see the first message of the reclamo (It used to be that way). After that, that ML does not reveal what the buyer is writing.

Regarding this comment:

"August 17: ML shut down the vendor. "Publicación pausada" ... "Este vendedor no tiene buena reputación en el sitio."

"publicacion pausada" can mean the seller has intentionally paused the publication orthat someone has purchased the item and intends to pay by mercadopago. When I pay by credit card and the payment is "instantly" credited too the seller account, the status of the item is ususally "pubicacion finalizada."

"Este vendedor no tiene buena reputación en el sitio." does not mean the seller's account has been shut down. This sentence applies to a seller who does not have a good reputation based on the califications of the buyers. This is the only way to get some idea of what to expect from the seller. It may not tell you "who" the buyer is, but, hopefully, it will tell you how well they have met their obligations

If a seller's account is suspended by Mercado Libre (for any of a number of reasons and not necessarily because they did anything wrong, the items they have published for sale will not appear on line unless you have saved them as a "favorite" and then "precio a convenir" will be visible.

A couple edits to my previous post:

The word mercadopagp in this sentence should be replaced with rapipago (or pago facil):

"publicacion pausada" can mean the seller has intentionally paused the publication or that someone has purchased the item and intends to pay by mercadopago.

As payments by rapi pago and pago facil are not credited at the same time a purchase is paid for with a credit card, ML does not "assume" the purchase has been finalized (though a buyer paying by credit card could cancel and ask for a refund or make a reclamo).

Also, in the next to last paragraph, the word buyer in the last sentence should be seller.

I always check the seller's califications before making a purchase and read what previous buyers have to say about the seller.

A seller might have 100% positive feedback, but if they do not finalize a high percentage of their sales, ML will give them a lower "general" rating in the bar with colors (red to green).

I think this is their way of saying FU for not paying a commission on sales that were probably finalized but the buyer and seller agreed to say they weren't in order to avoid paying the commission on the sale.

I think this is their way of saying FU for not paying a commission on sales that were probably finalized but the buyer and seller agreed to say they weren't in order to avoid paying the commission on the sale.

That's a trick I used to use when they charged commission on everything, even used stuff.
Now they grab you by the balls and insist you use Mercadopago for very wide range of products. Much that I find the service useful, and let's face it, they don't have much competition (OLX has a crappy system), they really are a bunch of tossers and make it pretty much impossible to contact them directly, because they don't care.

That's a trick I used to use when they charged commission on everything, even used stuff.

It's worth noting (for those who don't know) that it is now possible to sell used stuff without paying any commission, though items listed "commission free" appear further down the list in search results (after the items which are listed with a commission).

Now they...insist you use Mercadopago for very wide range of products.

As I pay for almost everything by Mercadopago I would like to know what some of those items are (just curious).

This new 'rule' came out last year:

Actualización Octubre 2016

Desde el 6 de octubre, aceptarás pagos solo por Mercado Pago en los productos usados de:

Celulares y Teléfonos
Consolas y Videojuegos
Computación​

And on all NEW products we're obliged to accept MP

Pronto venderás todo más simple

Desde el 1ro de septiembre cobrarás solo por Mercado Pago todas tus ventas de productos nuevos.

​The majority of what I sell is computer related and mainly used. OK they don;t charge commission, but insist on MP. There are times when you just want the cash in your pocket, but there are ways around this, as always.

Back