When I came to Argentina ...

The rent I paid in 2003 (in dollars), is almost the same I pay today for the same apartment....!

What was the cost of living like during the 1:1 period?

Hard to imagine for someone that arrived in the past couple of years..
It was pricey.. but I was 18 and didn’t care. Also 3 years later there was a complete meltdown and a McDonald’s McFlurry machine in the middle of 9 de Julio …then it started to get cheaper for us with money “outside”

When I first came to BA back in 2014 the blue was 8 pesos to the USD and the oficial at 4. We have gone along way...
When I first came in 2006 , there was no blue. It was 3 to 1. A 100 peso note was worth 30$. There were few monedas as you needed exact change for the collectivo. Breaking a 100. peso note always included a sharp intake of breath.

When I first came in 2006 , there was no blue. It was 3 to 1. A 100 peso note was worth 30$. There were few monedas as you needed exact change for the collectivo. Breaking a 100. peso note always included a sharp intake of breath.
Same here when I arrived in 2006.

When I came in 2004, the blue didn't exist yet (although there were arbolitos, but you didn't need them).

The dollar was 2.8 pesos, a liter of Quilmes in the chino was 2 pesos, and a pint of Quilmes at the local bar that I still go to was 4 pesos (the pint is cheaper now in dollar terms).
Yeah man, and there were boliches! and ...... jajaja and I was in that scene! Oh, the nostalgia, on a Saturday morning in 2022.

What was the cost of living like during the 1:1 period?

Hard to imagine for someone that arrived in the past couple of years..

I was in high school but here's what I remember ($ stands for both ARS and USD in this case):

- A taxi ride from Belgrano to Recoleta: $5.
- Pricy private high school: $675/month.
- McDonald's ice cream cone or an alfajor: $0.25.
- Subte: $0.50.
- Black and white copies: $0.05/page.
- Movie ticket: $7, or $3.50 on Wednesdays.
- CDs: $20.
- McDonald's meal: $3.99.
- Private language tutor: $6/hour.

So some things were a bit pricier but it looks like most things were more or less the same price as now?

I was in high school but here's what I remember ($ stands for both ARS and USD in this case):

- A taxi ride from Belgrano to Recoleta: $5.
- Pricy private high school: $675/month.
- McDonald's ice cream cone or an alfajor: $0.25.
- Subte: $0.50.
- Black and white copies: $0.05/page.
- Movie ticket: $7, or $3.50 on Wednesdays.
- CDs: $20.
- McDonald's meal: $3.99.
- Private language tutor: $6/hour.

So some things were a bit pricier but it looks like most things were more or less the same price as now?

An ice cream cone is now 50¢, subte is 15¢, McDonald's meal is $2.86, and when I went to the movies to see No Time to Die I paid $3.00 for the premium Hoyts on a Saturday evening.

Back