Where can I buy a crock pot?

Anyone consideing bringing a crock pot to Argentina might find this review useful:

http://www.squidoo.com/crock-pot-reviews-and-where-to-buy-online

It is a smaller version of the 5.5L crock pot that was offered on mercadolibre for $48 pesos. :rolleyes:

The 6 quart (5.5L) Rival crockpot can be found on Amazon starting at $15.90 USD:

http://www.amazon.com/Crock-Pot-306...=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B0000AR6M2

When shipping charges are added the cheapest one offered is almost exactly the same price as the one offered by Amazon with free shipping. ;)

ah I was wondering what token expired meant when I was informed that I could not post......I first thought BIG SISTER had read some posts and did me the way of economists and book publishers, journalists and dog catchers.......ok Crock pot seeker.......I don't know, but I do know you( for free) can get a crock of shit at the corner of Callo and Rividivia (sw corner) I have seen crock pots at Coto....don't know the price

I had initially misread the title of this post...and was sorely disappointed when i realized it was CROCK pot you were looking for. :cool:

When I moved here I looked all over. At San Juan and Jujuy there is a restaurant supply district and none of the stores had one.

I brought my own from the states. They only use small amounts of watts, so the transformer I bought to go from 110 volts to 230 volts is 300 watt capacity and was cheap.

I use it all the time. Great with tapa de asado (brisket) and with Italian red meat sauces. With the slow cooker and a tapa de asado I no longer have to wait for trips to the states to have chopped barbeque beef brisket.

My snooty friends in California associate them with low brow recipes, but I can make a really nice Beef Bourquignon in one.

This appliance should be made in Argentina. It is very easy to fabricate. It uses an easy to cast ceramic bowl and a very crude electrical circiut. There is almost no technology involved. Its a shame nobody has made it their business to manufacture them here in Argentina.

Roxana said:
I bought mine at a small store located at the corner of Arenales and Ayacucho.

Great choice my favorite ferreteria/hardware store for kitchen appliances and utensils...!!
Good luck

Back