Where can i find popcorn?

sketchyblueeyes

Registered
The unpopped kind. I'd rather the non microwave kind, but microwaveable would be cool too...

Somewhere in barrio norte/palermo/belgrano? I glanced around barrio chino and didn't see it, but didn't search in depth.

Dieteticas sell it in "raw" as maiz pisingallo. You know that the local pronunciation is "pisingayo"

barrio chino do do it.
There's a shop that does a lot of loose beans and nuts by the main window (Casa China I think it's called) and you'll find it there. If not, you can get it in most dieteticas and in a lot of supermarkets (again, by the dried bean stuff)

You can get it in any supermarket (all the chinese minimarts), not just dietetica.....

Celia said:
You can get it in any supermarket (all the chinese minimarts), not just dietetica.....

ptolemy said:
They hide it next to the dried beans, lentils,etc.

Yep, it's everywhere. Es re facil para encontrar.

Celia said:

I went to 4 chinos last night, and to a disco and a coto. I almost walked to the movie theater to try to buy some off them...

so - maybe the chinos in your barrio have them, but around me it was zero luck :(

is it surprising that they don't do microwave popcorn here?

Speaking of movie popcorn, what do people think of the sugared variety on offer(yuck!). Frankly not very appealing to me, I guess I'm just old fashioned and like mine with salt.

I like making it fresh in a pot, and then putting queso rallado on it! soooo tasty.

and yeah, the sugared variety is not for me. but lots of my friends in the US go batty over kettlecorn. And i do like popcorn thats coated in caramel.

and i swear i'm not an idiot, they did not have it in the disco near alto palermo, or in 4 chinos between santa fe and las heras that I tried. they all looked at me like i was asking for something completely insane.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
perry Food and Drink 6