Where can I get root beer?

BostonBucket

Registered
I've been scowering the internet for a few days and have found nothing, also asked around a couple American friends and have reached a dead end. Was wondering if anyone knew someone/someplace selling root beer (soda).

If you find some please let me know too! I was going to import a bottle with the 36 pack of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups I bought but the price was insane because of the weight (1ml = 1g). Probably doable if you have a soda stream and just import the concentrate.

You cannot get root beer here (trust me, I'm a huge fan). The closest thing you can do is buy Terma Serrano or Terma Patagonico, and mix 50/50 with soda water. I mention both Terma offerings because they both sort of taste like root beer in different ways. Terma Serrano may taste a bit more like Moxie, which I'm sure BostonBucket has tried.

...if you have a soda stream...
The "Drago" is the argentine predecessor to the sodastream. The DIY answer is a CO2 tank and regulator with a hose and ball lock cap adapter. The sodero is also alive and well making his runs, and the chinos and express markets should stock Ivess and Manous siphons.

I've been scowering the internet for a few days and have found nothing, also asked around a couple American friends and have reached a dead end. Was wondering if anyone knew someone/someplace selling root beer (soda).

Hey, BostonBucket!
I have some A&W Rootbeer flavored drink mix sticks that I brought from my last trip from the US. I mix them with soda water (agua con gas) and it's... close enough ;)
I have several. If you'd like, I'd be fine gifting you some for free (all I ask is that you just pay it forward to someone else down the road). I'm in Nuñez, just send me a PM.
Saludos! - V.V.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    653.7 KB · Views: 4
Hey, BostonBucket!
I have some A&W Rootbeer flavored drink mix sticks that I brought from my last trip from the US. I mix them with soda water (agua con gas) and it's... close enough ;)
I have several. If you'd like, I'd be fine gifting you some for free (all I ask is that you just pay it forward to someone else down the road). I'm in Nuñez, just send me a PM.
Saludos! - V.V.
Thanks for the offer! I was looking for more of a sustainable option for consuming it here. Luckily for the occasional taste I'll be traveling to the US in January, so I'll indulge there. Thanks anyway :D

Back