Where can I watch All Ireland Hurling Final?

IrishMichelle

Registered
Hi All
Getting a little nervous as I'm not sure where I'll be able to see this weekend's All Ireland Hurling Final. It will be televised at around 11am on Sunday 6th Sept, probably too early for the pubs - Any ideas where I will be able to see it?
Hope you can help me out,
Gracias
Michelle

http://atdhe.net/

That link may help - Not sure if it will have the All Ireland, but you never know, it has everything else from around the world....

As for seeing it in BsAs, I doubt it anywhere... Maybe Direct TV may have it on some channel or other, I'll let others who have that service tell.

If you check the rte.ie site you can see the build up programme on Friday, but sadly they restrict the match to the island only :(...

Mind you, the Cats will win anyway.... again......

not a kats in hell chance of seeing it down here. I have been here 6 years and have not seen or heard of anyone seeing a gaa game live. The All stars are coming to BA in December,Is that any Good?????.

There´s an irish Hurling Club - in Hurlingham province of Buenos Aires
http://www.hurling-club.com.ar/

You could try calling them to ask/see if the final is shown anywhere.
I imagine they would know either way... :)

It´s probably as Windy says but just in case....

Sadly they have not played hurling in the hurling club since before world war 2. About 20 of us had abit of a game at the Hurling Club about six months back,but only 2 of the players had ever played before so the standard was not up to much,Though some of the Argentines who were acustomed to hockey were pretty bloody good.
I would however Highly reccomend to any Irish down here that you visit the Hurling Club it has a facinating history and the people there will make you very welcome.

I have a friend who is talking about something called a slingbox so that we can receive the games down here via his brother house in Limerick. But of course none of this will be available this weekend.

Wow impressed with the responses, I was a forum virgin before this....
Boo though, would like to have watched it with some others that were vaguely interested, it will have to be online somehow, also thanks for the faith in KK, being a cat myself!!
Thanks again
Michelle

Michelle,

I know you said "watch" the All Ireland.

You can listen to the match on RTE Radio One live on line at any locutorio without a problem. Not the same as a bar with a glass of Smithwicks before you!

from another cat -

ben.

Why would you want to watch someone barf, isn't just drinking enough??? j/k, had to throw that in since hurl+Irish didn't sound right... :D

windy said:
About 20 of us had abit of a game at the Hurling Club about six months back,but only 2 of the players had ever played before so the standard was not up to much,

Any chance you might be doing this again? I haven't played a full game since I was young teen but that sounds.. interesting at least.. :)

windy said:
I have a friend who is talking about something called a slingbox so that we can receive the games down here via his brother house in Limerick. But of course none of this will be available this weekend.

Yes I have friends in NY who do this, really not that hard to set up IIRC.

windy said:
Sadly they have not played hurling in the hurling club since before world war 2.

This is not true at all. About eighteen months ago the GAA sent over people to coach all the kids that play hockey in the hurling club. They also donated lots of little hurleys and they play regularly. They train more than once a month, as far as I know. Some of them are actually quite good.

On the 25th May this year, I went to a huge banquet in the hurling club and there were loads of Irish Argentinians. After lunch, we all went outside to watch a hurling game between all the kids who had been playing for a few months. It was funny to see 'the clash of the ash' and people cheering along in Spanish.

Saint Patrick's Day (if you can tear yourself away from the massive "pints" on Reconquista) is apparently nice in the hurling club. They also have events throughout the year and people or Irish decent have their marriage reception in the club. The Irish government donated half of the funding of their event hall.

Back