Where In Argentina Can You Rent For $400/mo

I pay 5000 ARS ($325 USD) a month in a really nice residencia--and that includes all costs--maintenance, expensas (electricity, etc), literally everything.

It is possible. You might not find an apartment that cheap but I have seen some nicer ones for $5500 - $6000 ARS even. You just have to be very diligent in your search. Check Mercado Libre, too :)

Exitos!

I pay 5000 ARS ($325 USD) a month in a really nice residencia--and that includes all costs--maintenance, expensas (electricity, etc), literally everything.

Exitos!

Please clarify what is a "residencia" (an individual studio apt, a room in somebody's apt, etc) and in what neighborhood is located. Thank you.

We pay ~425USD monthly plus expenses for 38 meters (proper one bedroom) with patio. One block from Botanico, historic building, quiet street. Those kind of deals are out there, but I think few and far between, at least in Palermo.

We pay ~425USD monthly plus expenses for 38 meters (proper one bedroom) with patio. One block from Botanico, historic building, quiet street. Those kind of deals are out there, but I think few and far between, at least in Palermo.

I'm jelly...that's one of my favorite areas. Do you like that wine shop on Arenales next to the Well Club.

I'd also like to say...I love Buenos Aires. But if you think about it, it's insane that we've been conditioned to accept these kinds of prices in Buenos Aires or Rio. The average price for a modest apt. in a nice part of town should in fact be $300-$500, not double and triple that like in Tokyo or Paris. In many very nice parts of Europe you can actually find the prices I'm talking about.

I have no idea why this is happening in the Cone/Brazil parts of South America and have only heard conflicting opinions. No one knows why this is happening apparently. And yes, I know parts of Brazil are still cheap, but when a small and barely adequate studio in Ipanema runs you $1000 w/o utilities even at height of their crisis you have to wonder what's going on.

Make sure that there's a bathroom in the apartmenr and hot water most of the day An 8th floor walk up might be unpleasant ?

well I am paying like $1500 a month for a nice place... I can just imagine what you would get for $300 ... wow!!

Back