Where In Argentina Can You Rent For $400/mo

and to boot have to pay expenses of another few hundred on top of that 1500 figure too....

Sure! Not easy but doable. I don't know why everyone is so keen living in Palermo, you can find so much cheaper places in equally nice, safe (if not even safer?) yet more Argentinian barrios like zona norte (Martínez, San Isidro..) look for FB groups like "alquiler / vender dueno directo" and strolling around the streets of the barrio you would like to live in and look for ads at supermarkets etc. saying "alquiler" Good luck!

Please clarify what is a "residencia" (an individual studio apt, a room in somebody's apt, etc) and in what neighborhood is located. Thank you.

Sure! Sorry for the delay; just now seeing this.

The term ¨residencia¨ is somewhat ambiguous/vague because it could be a number of things. I explain it in English as a kind of ¨dorm¨in that it is a shared space (usually for university students) that is more affordable. For similar prices, I have seen a number of residencias that vary drastically. Generally they are either part of the ¨dueños¨home or a hostel like building/house where university studens or young people live and work together.

I know. My answer is clear as mud, right?

Back