Where should I live in Buenos Aires?

Palermo or Recoleta close tp Av. Santa fe. Would only consider a building with 24 hr. Receptionist. Not a portero that waters the sidewalk and then disappears

I see. But there are like a half dozen variants of Palermo (Hollywood, SOHO, etc.) which seems to be some kind of conspiracy from real estate agents and others interested in inflating property values. There are even parts of Chacarita (where I live) closer to Ave Justo that are starting to call themselves "Palermo." Maybe it's just the Chicago in me to see "invisible hands" at work everywhere.
Lol. How right you are. Real estate and property development is the one growing global biz/racket now, other than businesses related to the Covid Industrial Complex. I think Patagonia sales to wealthy foreigners are through the roof. NYT had a recent article about this.

When I lived in LA, questionable parts of town that were miles from Beverly Hills were labeled “Beverly Hills Adjacent.” Same with Malibu, etc. I recall a sitcom set in “Malibu Adjacent.” Streeterville, Wrigleyville, etc.

This is the part of CABA I like. Plenty of cops, parks, cafes and shopping. An easy life. If I can ever return! Tourist visa only for now.

Attachments

• EB64C1B6-9CA3-483D-A7F8-69981C623504.jpeg
    EB64C1B6-9CA3-483D-A7F8-69981C623504.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 25
Back