Where should I play tennis?

El Sueco Grande

Registered
Greetings,

I am an advanced tennis player, USTA level 5.5 and will be in BA for 5 months starting in October. I am looking for a good place to play on clay with reasonable court fees and availability of advanced sparring partners. Since I am hoping to play 3-4 times per week, I will be looking for apartments within walking distance from the courts, so I am grateful for any ideas or suggestions.

blackburn said:
well I normally play on a tennis court...hope this helps

Somebody needs to not drunk post .

Well if money is not an option There is the Buenos Aires Lawn Tennis club.

It is located in Palermo, and even though it states it is a lawn tennis club it mostly has some of the most beautifully maintained clay courts I have ever seen.

http://www.baltc.net/

I hope this helps in your search

OP - Howard in BA, who is a regular poster on here, and I am told a pretty decent tennis player, will be able to help. He is back in England at the moment on vacation, but will be back in BA by the end of this month - I am sure he will be able to point you in teh right direction.

There is a place called Costa Rica Tennis with a couple of indoor clay courts on Costa Rica in PAlermo Soho

Liam3494 said:
OP - Howard in BA-------He is back in England at the moment on vacation....

[whisper]
Just don't mention the football.....
[/whisper]

blackburn said:
well I normally play on a tennis court...hope this helps
I appreciate the levity:)

Here's suggestion for anyone looking for a free option. It's a bit of a trek to Parque Avellaneda, but there are two lovely free tennis courts there next to a jogging track and a pine grove. It always reminds me of the rec center I went to as a kid. It's first come first serve, just put your name on the list inside. There are lights for after dark. It's open until 8:00.

I never heard of the USTA scale before. I looked it up though (http://www.usta.com/?sc_itemid={A9EAE203-D273-4CB1-9038-5A293C5ED642}) and based upon it I am more like a 4.0 so I am not sure I am good enough to play with El Sueco but if there are any intermediate players out there who are looking for partners please let me know I would love to play! Or, El Sueco if you're desperate for a partner I'm always up for a challenge!

Back