Where To Buy Alpargatas?

BAGirl2004

Registered
I'm looking to buy a cheap pair of alpargatas, but I haven't been able to find them at any feria. Does anyone know a specific place in Capital that isn't expensive to buy alpargatas?

Cheap ones can be had at almost any place that fixes shoes, of course they have limited color selection or patterns if any, but i got a nice denim type pair with the rope around the sole for 70 pesos last month. Try them on, I'm usually a 37 in alpargatas and didn't bother trying these ones and I'm swimming in them, could have got at least a full size less.

I don't know where you are located, but in Barrio Chino, you have 2 places on Libertador. One is on the very corner of Montañeses y Libertador, they sell work clothes, rain boots, flip flops, etc. Old store. You might find the traditional ones with suela de yute (which is the rope mentioned above there). The other store has rubber sole alpargatas, and it is on Libertador between Montañeses y Arribeños, on the left hand side of the street if you are facing Barrancas.

And then, for fancy alpargatas, just look for Paez or ChimiChurri.

There are a million pairs for sale in Once. How many dozen do you want?

I don't know where you are located, but in Barrio Chino, you have 2 places on Libertador. One is on the very corner of Montañeses y Libertador, they sell work clothes, rain boots, flip flops, etc. Old store. You might find the traditional ones with suela de yute (which is the rope mentioned above there). The other store has rubber sole alpargatas, and it is on Libertador between Montañeses y Arribeños, on the left hand side of the street if you are facing Barrancas.

I think you mean Mendoza since montañeses is parallel to both arribeños and libertador.

Ouch!!! Yes, sorry! Please disregard my previous post - I meant to say Juramento instead of Libertador every time.

Here is the right version:

I don't know where you are located, but in Barrio Chino, you have 2 places on Juramento. One is on the very corner of Juramento y Montañeses, they sell work clothes, rain boots, flip flops, etc. Old store. You might find the traditional ones with suela de yute (which is the rope mentioned above there). The other store has rubber sole alpargatas, and it is on Juramento between Montañeses y Arribeños, on the left hand side of the street if you are facing Barrancas.

(Thanks PhillipDT!)

Or at ARANDU
http://www.arandu.com.ar/locales.php?idioma=1

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Expat Life 16
Back