Where To Buy And Whats It Called?

Chet

Registered
I made the title generic because I am sure people come up with issues like this all the time, the organization of store types vary a lot between cultures and locale names often develop for items that just looking up words in a dictionary doesn't get the idea across (I ran into this with bandaids when I first got here, word from dictionary just got puzzled looks ...bandaid worked ).

Anyway now I need a heating pad, hopefully without walking all over town, because I can't!

Thanks Rich One, doesn't look like something I can pick up at the corner store, but at least I know what it is called now. :)

I made the title generic because I am sure people come up with issues like this all the time, the organization of store types vary a lot between cultures and locale names often develop for items that just looking up words in a dictionary doesn't get the idea across (I ran into this with bandaids when I first got here, word from dictionary just got puzzled looks ...bandaid worked ).

Anyway now I need a heating pad, hopefully without walking all over town, because I can't!

What I've done sometimes is just do a google image search on my phone, and show them the photo.

I bought a heating pad a couple years ago in an "independent" store that sells large and small home appliances. The brand was ASPEN. It has two settings and the "high" setting is very hot!

On a related note, I have never seen "electric blankets" for sale in Argentina, but the same store at which I bought the heating pad offered a "mattress warmer" that goes on top of the mattress (under the sheet and mattress pad if you use one). They fit a double bed perfectly but are just big enough for queen bed. It has dual controls, so two people can sleep in the same bed and individually choose either high or low. I usually turn it on high for 30 minutes before I go to bed and turn it down once I'm in bed. I use it almost every night in the winter and I'm sure it has kept my gas bill much lower than it would have been without one and it doesn't consume much electricity. I bought mine from another expat over five years ago and the brand name is GAMA.

I bought a heating pad (mine is called - almohadilla termica, or thermal pad) from Farmacity (as mentioned by Nikad) about three years ago. It has 3 heat levels and works quite well. I've seen them since, shouldn't be any problem unless you are in bad luck at a particular store or time of year when they have no more supply. It is an Argentine product so there's a good chance they're available, I'd say.

Thanks Rich One, doesn't look like something I can pick up at the corner store, but at least I know what it is called now. :)
Yes you can,in plenty of electric stores,and maybe,some big hipermercados

Back