Where to buy beard trimmer / hair clippers?

devc

Registered
Hi guys,

I generally trim my beard with hair clippers, but my 120v set that I brought down just do NOT cut it (no pun intended) here, the blades barely vibrate, so I'm in the market for a local set.

I'm in Palermo Soho, can anyone recommend somewhere to get them? I'm half hoping that someone's looking to get rid of theirs, otherwise, where am I looking to purchase them and what am I looking to pay?

Cheers,

d

Hey there,

I bought a beard trimmer on Florida street at a general electronics type store. If you don´t want to head down to Florida street, I am sure you could find the same type of store on Santa Fe, near Palermo Soho.

I don´t remember how much I payed, but I know it was pretty cheap.

Cheers,
Tim

I bought an Italian brand (common here, don't remember the name - it's upstairs and I don't feel like going to look at it!) at Jumbo in Palermo about three years ago for around $180 pesos. Very good quality, still works beautifully.

I looked all over, at pharmacies, grocery stores, etc, and couldn't find anything worth a damn for a decent price until I went to Jumbo.

May be a little different price-wise now with all the inflation since then...

Don't know what to make of inflation but I just bought a set of clippers (KENSINGTON) for $99 ARG at Jumbo Palermo. Go to where the girls hair-dryer/hair-straightener section is, then walk 10 feet towards the produce/meat section and they're in the case/round-a-bout.

This is less for current situations, but moreso for those traveling back from the future using the Search option. Hello future, life was crazy way back here in 2010.

My Rechargeable Electric Hair Beard Clipper Trimmer seems good. It's Made of durable plastic cover, the Men's Hair Clipper is very light, easy and comfortable to hold. With thin metal net slice, good strength, so the inner blades offer quieter shave and reduced vibration.

just resurrecting this thread from 3 years ago because i stupidly plugged my 120v in directly without my energy converter and fried my current beard trimmer. Anyone know if you can still get them at places like jumbo? Or where else to get a new one?

just resurrecting this thread from 3 years ago because i stupidly plugged my 120v in directly without my energy converter and fried my current beard trimmer. Anyone know if you can still get them at places like jumbo? Or where else to get a new one?

There is this shop near Blegrano C train station that sells trimmers; local brands and a Phillips Multigroom (490 pesos). It's located near the corner of Juramento and 11 de Set.

I have been looking to get one Multigroom but will wait till I go on a business trip and amazon it to my hotel.

I find it alarming that the older I get I give conscious thought to nasal and ear hair trimmers and eyebrows.
It's worrying.

Back