Where to buy coffee maker and other household items?

Ari&jojo

Registered
Just got to Buenos Aires and need to get a few household items such as a 5 cup coffee maker and a wahl hair clipper, does anyone have any recommendations for stores near or around Palermo where I can buy confidently?

Garbarino is a chain of appliance stores with which I have had good luck. They sell both small & large appliances at what seem to be very good prices. Don't expect to necessarily get the brand you want. Wahl may not be doable for love or money.

If you're new here, do you understand about the two exchange rates, and that if you pay with a US credit/debit card, you are paying twice as much?

"sucursal" means location. Palermo is as much a real estate marketing term as an actual neighborhood, so it covers a lot of territory. You're probably closer to the Belgrano location, (which is the neighborhood Belgrano, and nowhere near Avenida Belgrano, welcome to Argentina), but here's an interactive map that might help.
it defaults to public transport mode, but can be set to driving mode or walking mode or bike mode. Have fun, good luck, and welcome to the monkey house.

Last edited:
*Gabarino. Fravega is another. Also Planeta Zenok in the Alto Palermo shopping centre might be a good place to look for hair clippers. And if you’re set up for it, Mercadolibre of course.

Alto Palermo is nice. Especially if you're new incountry and want that American-style shopping experience.

Jumbo is also a great analog of the American chain grocery store - comfortably familiar for the tenderfoot, with all the meat in little plastic packages. For those of us who've been here for most of a decade and "gone native", it seems weird.

Thanks everyone. This is super helpful. Really appreciate your prompt and thorough responses!

Garbarino is a chain of appliance stores with which I have had good luck. They sell both small & large appliances at what seem to be very good prices. Don't expect to necessarily get the brand you want. Wahl may not be doable for love or money.

If you're new here, do you understand about the two exchange rates, and that if you pay with a US credit/debit card, you are paying twice as much?

"sucursal" means location. Palermo is as much a real estate marketing term as an actual neighborhood, so it covers a lot of territory. You're probably closer to the Belgrano location, (which is the neighborhood Belgrano, and nowhere near Avenida Belgrano, welcome to Argentina), but here's an interactive map that might help.
it defaults to public transport mode, but can be set to driving mode or walking mode or bike mode. Have fun, good luck, and welcome to the monkey house.
thanks so much! Yes, I'm aware of the exchange rate. I appreciate the info.

Just got to Buenos Aires and need to get a few household items such as a 5 cup coffee maker and a wahl hair clipper, does anyone have any recommendations for stores near or around Palermo where I can buy confidently?

Here is a list of sellers in Capital Fedral who offer Wahl hair clippers for sale on Mercado libre:

Assuming you don't have a DNI and cannot use Mercado Libre, I imagine there are many beauty care suppliers in Capital Federal who have storefront locatioms where you can buy one.

Many sellers include the name of their business in their Mercado Libre publications. If you find the model you are looking for and also see the seller's name, you can probably find out their exact location using Google

Thanks everyone. This is super helpful. Really appreciate your prompt and thorough responses!
Garbarino went under some time ago.. However some locations May be still open, like Belgrano, Check first !

Back