Where to buy fairy lights...

gigeridoo

Registered
Hi everyone,

I've been really wanting to buy some fairy lights for our patio now that it is starting to get a little warmer, but I haven't seen them anywhere!

Does anyone know a place where I would be able to find them? Or maybe Christmas tree lights? Thanks :)

I'm not sure you can put regular Xmas lights outside. You might want to try Easy. If not, I have some white xmas lights I can sell as we won't be taking them when we leave.

Good luck.

You have a couple more months to wait, and then you'll see lights aplenty everywhere (though I'm not sure exactly what qualifies as "fairy lights" but they sell all diffeerent kinds of christmas lights here, including the tiny bulbs). I did a quick search on mercado libre and found a bunch of listings that you can buy now!
http://listado.mercadolibre.com.ar/luces-navidenas
http://listado.mercadolibre.com.ar/luces-navidad

Careful though, as Mini said they don't really sell the outdoor variety, so if you use them and leave them outside don't expect for them to last long.

:)

theres tons of places to buy those near my appartment, i live 3 blocks away from the obelisco, and theres one on my street,sarmiento al 1300.. :)

Thanks so much guys!

The ones on Mercado Libre do look great (I can´t believe I didn´t think to check there!) but yeah there is no way I would be able to convince the man of the house that we should pay that much for lights!

I´ll definitely have a look near the Obelisco next time I´m in the area :)

fred mertz said:
Maybe at stores that cater to gays??

A lot of shops like Jumbo and Easy as well as the bazaars that carry everything you could imagine will be selling fairy lights in preparation for Xmas. I'm sure they'll be putting them out soon. However, I've yet to find any for outdoor use. If you locate some, could you PM me?

Fred, Your comment is inappropriate and offensive.

I just bought some today in Bario Chino! AR$15 pesos! They are super tiny white lights. I'm using them for indoors, you may want to ask if they can be used for outdoors. But, hey for AR$15, you can buy a few and not worry about it. You need to buy an adapter, however, because the plug is for China, I think. Well, the prongs are 2 round ones, could be for some old Argentina type sockets.

Suerte!

Back