Where To Buy Used/secondhand Cd Player?

Vagrant Violet

Registered
Hi, everyone,

I want to buy a CD player (not a discman). Literally, that's the only function that it needs- just to play CDs, not even MP3s, cassettes, radio, and whatnot (although I wouldn't be adverse to those features, either). Nothing fancy at all, as long as it does simply its disc-playing job. I know that it's sort of an outdated technology, so I imagine that my best bet would be to find a decent secondhand CD player.

I've checked Mercado Libre, not thrilled at all with what they have. I feel like I must have seen a place or two around Capital with older/secondhand electronics, or I might be mistaken. Any ideas besides Mercado Libre where I might find one (I've also checked Craigslist... no dice)? Or does anyone here have a CD player that they would want to sell?

I also have a very silly question- Playing the CD wouldn't make a difference if the CD was an original or a blank CD with recorded music, right?

Thanks in advance!

It depends on how old the CD player you buy is. Some will not play recorded CDs, others will play them but only if recorded in a certain format. Hope this helps.

Suggest you buy the cheapest Philips or chinee player you can find, Those are the more suitable for home recorded media.

Your description does not explain if you want a portable one with built in speakers and power amplifier or if you are looking for a tabletop audio player. I'm guessing you want the first kind.
You might be able to find these around Tribunales, on Libertad street. I would not expect to pay a lot less for a used one than for a new one, I'm afraid. Also there's little or no way to predict how long the laser or motor will last.
Bring your own disks and try before you buy, pay attention if the laser takes forever to find the tracks header, also try moving to different tracks. Make sure it can read 700mb disk

Your description does not explain if you want a portable one with built in speakers and power amplifier or if you are looking for a tabletop audio player. I'm guessing you want the first kind.

Ah, got it! In that case, the one I want to buy is the portable kind ("boom-box" style... Geez, does that term even exist anymore? :confused: ). The kind I can put on a shelf or a desk in my home and just plug into any outlet and then can unplug it if I want to take it to another room.

BTW- Very good advice about checking the 700mb reading capability! Like I mentioned, CDs are such a dead technology that it didn't even occur to me!

You are looking for a radiograbador con CD, I think this is the closest to boombox lol

You are looking for a radiograbador con CD, I think this is the closest to boombox lol

Dude, I don't know why exactly, but I just feel really, really old right now!

I guess it could be worse- I could be looking to compliment the boombox/radiograbador with some original Chumbawumba, Sophie B. Hawkins, Cardigans, and 3 Doors Down CDs for the entire 90s effect!

PS- No offense to those who like the aforementioned musicians! :)))

In most barrios, there are little shops that fix electronics- within five blocks of my house in Barrio Norte, there are at least a half dozen of them. And they all have used stuff for sale. Just walk around and look for storefronts that are packed completely full of old TV's and stereo equipment.

Back