Where to change Euros to Peso en Palermo

DanM

Registered
Anyone have a good recommendation?
Early this year I was able to walk into BBVA in Recoleta and change USD and Euros for Pesos.
I just tried one BBVA branch in Palermo and was told they cannot change euros (and I assume USD) unless I am a customer.

I want to change some euros to pesos, any good suggestion welcome.

Thanks

They'd probably buy your USD.... I think the issue is if you want to buy USD from them. They might not buy the Euro right now because of the debt crisis. I trade currencies, and I wouldn't buy the Euro right now. Sell, sell, sell..

I'd use the casas de cambio on DolarHoy.com.

There are a couple of cambio houses in Palermo that I know of depending on what you call "Palermo". I know they take dollars, I don't know about Euros.

1) Calle Borges on the right side about 3 doors from Plaza Italia as you area going with traffic AWAY from Plaza Italia.

2) Calle Anasagasti (across Santa Fe from the Alto Palermo Shopping... Mall) about 1/3 of the way up the block walking away from Santa Fe on your right side.

AR$4.3 to US$1 a few days ago, but I don't know what it is today. And I don't know about Euros.

Yeah, this is why I am getting rid of my euros before my dollars.

bradlyhale said:
They'd probably buy your USD.... I think the issue is if you want to buy USD from them. They might not buy the Euro right now because of the debt crisis. I trade currencies, and I wouldn't buy the Euro right now. Sell, sell, sell..

I'd use the casas de cambio on DolarHoy.com.

Thanks a lot - I found both of these and tried the one on Calle Anasagasti, they gave me a rate of €1 to 5.86 pesos.

Napoleon said:
There are a couple of cambio houses in Palermo that I know of depending on what you call "Palermo". I know they take dollars, I don't know about Euros.

1) Calle Borges on the right side about 3 doors from Plaza Italia as you area going with traffic AWAY from Plaza Italia.

2) Calle Anasagasti (across Santa Fe from the Alto Palermo Shopping... Mall) about 1/3 of the way up the block walking away from Santa Fe on your right side.

AR$4.3 to US$1 a few days ago, but I don't know what it is today. And I don't know about Euros.

Back