Where to find wood glue....

dmbailey

Registered
My landlord is trying to make me pay for a whole new outdoor dining set because ONE bar on one of the wooden chairs snapped in half while I was away. I really can't afford to pay for a whole new set for her just because one piece has a small break, so I'm trying to find some wood glue so I can repair it myself. Anyone know of where I can find some, preferably in the Recoleta or Palermo neighborhoods?

Thanks!

Many portenos refer to it as cola.....but it is not waterproof, so keep it out of the rain till you move! also use a clamp on it as it dries. I am sure she will give it the ol "TEST" You might want to use cemento contacto which is waterproof. brush on both pieces, let it dry a little and put the 2 pieces together and clamp.......but with this you get only one try so make sure the pieces fit together BEFORE you apply the cemento contacto...you can clean up the excess cemento contacto with agua grase or thinner.....the cola with a rag with water.

Easy is a large, home depot like store

Avenida Int. Bullrich 345

Can you take a photo of the broken piece... gluing wood depends on how it was broken, in most cases it may not be possible to do it without it being noticeable or breaking again; in this case the best (and cheapest) way of fixing problem is replacing the broken piece.
You are right though, its ridiculous to railroad you into buying a new set because of one broken piece. Landlords here don't seem to understand that there is a reasonable amount of wear and tear that they must accept.

In my opinion this shows alot about your landlords character. So when you are ready to move, dont pay the last months rent cause most likely she isnt going to give you back your deposit. Many people have problems with this issue

Back