Where To I Go See A Good Tango Show

I've seen them all. If you want great service, excellent food and fabulous entertainment, then I recommend Tango Porteno on Cerrito or Esquina Gardel in front of the Abasto Mall. First class dancing with live orchestra in a lavish setting. It will set you back $200 per person or more. If you're on a budget, one of the milongas will give an insider's view of tango as a social dance. You don't need a reservation for a milonga, the admission is no more than 40 pesos, and you can stay as long as you want, have a drink, listen to the music and enjoy the dancing by average people who love tango with a passion. Try Salon Canning, Scalabrini Ortiz 1331, Palermo, any day of the week. Hours vary depending on the day.

Milongas are an outstanding alternative, but for professional tango musicians and singers at a reasonable price, try San Telmo's Torquato Tasso.

Casa Galicia, San Jose 224 (where I have my milonga on Monday afternoons into night) also has late afternoon/ evening milongas Tuesdays and Thursdays. Salon Canning is a classic but the milongas start late. The milongas in Casa Galicia have the two best DJs in Buenos Aires, are very inexpensive, and more tourist friendly hours (5-11). However Canning is in Palermo, Casa Galicia in Congresso. Hoy Tango is a great online resource. Tango Map and Guide is its equivalent form in hard copy! If you go to Canning definately call ahead and get a reservation so you'll have a table you can see from. The seating at the Casa Galicia milongas is such that you can see the dancers pretty much from anywhere. Suerte!

there's a good place near Colon Theatre. it's specialized in tango so I bet there must be some good shows

Esquina Homero Manzi

The oldest, the best and popular among the local: offers show included food and drink with selections. It is located in Boedo area, right at the Boedo station (purple line)

http://www.esquinahomeromanzi.com.ar/en/

Good luck.
nik

Leave milongas for milongueros because they are not entertainers and outsiders can only disturb because they don t know to dance neither the etiquete at milonga.

Leave milongas for milongueros because they are not entertainers and outsiders can only disturb because they don t know to dance neither the etiquete at milonga.

Wrong. Though I don't dance, I sometimes go with milonguero friends, and often see good live music and excellent dancers, both professionals and dedicated amateurs.

Well, I guess is sort of late for that post, but if anyone is still interested, We are Tango have a lovely show. Is a bit expensive, but intimate, the food is amazing, they have a live band, and as they don't have that much people, you are always on the front row

Milongas are an outstanding alternative, but for professional tango musicians and singers at a reasonable price, try San Telmo's Torquato Tasso.

Torquato Tasso is also really good!! It's very authentic!

Back