Where To Live, What School, Mothers Group's

TALK

Registered
Hi we are from New Zealand and have just arrived in BA and are currently staying in Recoleta close to my husbands work. I am looking for a good bilingual school for my 7 year old and any mothers groups as I also have a 2 year old and a 6 month old. We liked the look of Hans Christian Andersen Colegio in Belgrano and we would like to live in a child friendly area. Advice appreciated about this school or any other school recommendations and places to live. Many thanks!!

Hi there,

My sister mentioned a group called Buenos Aires mommies.

Gabriela

Welcome! I highly recommend you check out Belgrano Day School and the neighborhood around it, Belgrano R. Great place for families and an excellent school! You will meet lots of moms there as well, including expats. Club de Amigos is also a good spot for children's activities and will bring you into contact with other moms with young kids...
School starts at the end of Feb/early Mar here, although you probably already know that. Most bilingual schools have an application process and an interview. BDS was very nurturing to our child!

There is a bunch of us on FB - expat mommy group I think it's called. School starts next month so it may be challenging getting them enrolled - vacancies are pretty full. There are a fair amount of bilingual schools in Belgrano area and I love that part of town.

Hi,
we are living in Palermo on Malabia street. I'm looking for a kindergarten for 3,5 years old boy in the area of Plaza Armenia, can someone recomend me something? Doesn't have to be bilingual. If there are some fresh newcomers in the area whose children feel lonely we are happy to meet them:).

Justyna - I will happily take you up on your offer :) I think I will be pretty close by to you, near Rep Arabe Siria/Santa Fe. I will be in BA for two months from end of Feb, with my 2 year old girl.

Hi we are from New Zealand and have just arrived in BA and are currently staying in Recoleta close to my husbands work. I am looking for a good bilingual school for my 7 year old and any mothers groups as I also have a 2 year old and a 6 month old. We liked the look of Hans Christian Andersen Colegio in Belgrano and we would like to live in a child friendly area. Advice appreciated about this school or any other school recommendations and places to live. Many thanks!!

Hello!
I am an experienced English teacher and I live in Recoleta. I work in a private school in the neighbourhood. Please, if you still have any doubts, do contact me. I can give you my email address and provide you with any necessary information.
Just let me know
Regards

Back