Where to stay in Carilo or Pinamar

hotmama

Registered
Hello. We are thinking about going to Carilo or Pinamar. Does anybody have any recommendations for accomodations either apartments or hotels and somewhat reasonable.
Thank you!

"hotmama" said:
Hello. We are thinking about going to Carilo or Pinamar. Does anybody have any recommendations for accomodations either apartments or hotels and somewhat reasonable.
Thank you!
There will plenty of hotels available, so dont worry about that

Hello Hotmama,You just picked the two most expensive beach resorts in the country, so be ready to be asked for ridiculous prices, especially in Cariló. Here are some suggestions:http://www.carilo.com/buscador/resultado_alojamiento_aparts.asp?cont=1&tipo=HotelHaving said this, you might want to try Valeria del Mar, which is located between Pinamar and Cariló at convenient distances from both. If you have a car, this could prove to be a much cheaper option. I have a close friend who owns several apartments in Valeria. If you so wish, drop me a note and I'll put you in touch with him. I have no idea what he charges.I hope this helps.CheersErnie

Carilo is the only seaside resort in Argentina that can be considered international in terms of standards/amenities. It is a very beautiful place where pine forest meets sea. Sadly the beach is somewhat trashed with litter however this is chatacteristic of the coast of Argentina - Carilo is better than most Argentine seaside communities in this respect but not as clean as it should be. As this is winter prices will be reasonable compared to high season (January and part of February). By international standards, prices will not be high though they are high by local standards. Pinamar is second best but disappointing by comparison, at least to foreigners familiar with good beaches in other parts of the world. There are some nice residential areas but the downtown is not very attractive. I suggest that you do some research regarding Carilo prices. There is a website for the community with a list of apart hotels. Warning: if you go in warm weather be prepared for wind on the beach. If you want ideal sunbathing conditions go to Buzios or other beaches in Brazil. I like Carilo for the pine forest and the overall ambience and the restaurants which are better than those in Brazil. The water in Carilo/Pinamar, however is almost always cold and not especially clean!

Back