Which is the best and worst Argentine airline?

Joglide

Registered
I have spent a fruitless few hours trying to check in with Andes airline online as they charge you for checking you in at the airport. Last time I used them to fly internally the flights were 1=2 hours late. Probably my error for using this budget airline again but they had the best times for my flight. I will now have to go to the airport to ensure that I really am booked on this flight tonight (the money has been paid but who knows if that means I have a seat). My return flight is with Norwegian and I have paid to reserve a seat but they have already bumped me off a later flight on to another without consultation, so again it remains to be seen if I get a flight back. Having just come back from La Plata where the hotel refused to accept the credit card I used to reserve my room and insisted on efectivo up front in pesos (not dollars)all at once (cleaning out almost all my pesos), I am wondering why the service culture esp for airlines here is so patchy? Its not just lackadaisical but seems distorted in some way. Maybe I have been unlucky and any suggestions on reliable airline service appreciated.

I have spent a fruitless few hours trying to check in with Andes airline online as they charge you for checking you in at the airport. Last time I used them to fly internally the flights were 1=2 hours late. Probably my error for using this budget airline again but they had the best times for my flight. I will now have to go to the airport to ensure that I really am booked on this flight tonight (the money has been paid but who knows if that means I have a seat). My return flight is with Norwegian and I have paid to reserve a seat but they have already bumped me off a later flight on to another without consultation, so again it remains to be seen if I get a flight back. Having just come back from La Plata where the hotel refused to accept the credit card I used to reserve my room and insisted on efectivo up front in pesos (not dollars)all at once (cleaning out almost all my pesos), I am wondering why the service culture esp for airlines here is so patchy? Its not just lackadaisical but seems distorted in some way. Maybe I have been unlucky and any suggestions on reliable airline service appreciated.
ps the Andes system says it recognises neither my name nor my codigo given to me on booking, nor any variations on them. Attempts to send an email to their service box rejected with the message that the service is not accepting any emails. Maybe Andes has gone bust over the weekend!

i am not at all shocked that an online system meant to avoid additional fees at the airport is "broken". although i have never flown andes and never will so no idea if it normally does function.

i only fly aerolineas or LAN here. i find them reliable enough. everyone will have their own anecdote about which is best (there were threads recently about this too)

also, pretty sure what that hotel did was illegal.

i am not at all shocked that an online system meant to avoid additional fees at the airport is "broken". although i have never flown andes and never will so no idea if it normally does function.

i only fly aerolineas or LAN here. i find them reliable enough. everyone will have their own anecdote about which is best (there were threads recently about this too)

also, pretty sure what that hotel did was illegal.
Thanks for this. I was over a barrel in La Plata as they simply refused to accept the (perfectly valid) credit card or any other card. They also refused to be paid in USD$ so I had to go the festival I was attending and change money on the street! The hotel is El Sol (3 star) on Calle 10. I will never use it again.

Thanks for this. I was over a barrel in La Plata as they simply refused to accept the (perfectly valid) credit card or any other card. They also refused to be paid in USD$ so I had to go the festival I was attending and change money on the street! The hotel is El Sol (3 star) on Calle 10. I will never use it again.
ps I might add that they insisted also on taking a carbon copy of the credit card and my passport number, which I gave thinking they would accept the card and then they refused saying they always insisted on payment in cash in advance.... What a show.

I had horrible problems with LATAM and I would never use them again!

I second the “horrible problems “ with LATAM . On September the 24th 2018 I cancelled a refundable ticket with them. Tomorrow there will be 7 months since the cancellation and I still haven’t received anything. On the contrary I cost me so far more than 50 € on international calling fees ( calling from Greece to France) and time emailing them and getting nowhere.

aerolineas argentina is best in arg.

azul is best in brazil.

latam is best in chile

I second the “horrible problems “ with LATAM . On September the 24th 2018 I cancelled a refundable ticket with them. Tomorrow there will be 7 months since the cancellation and I still haven’t received anything. On the contrary I cost me so far more than 50 € on international calling fees ( calling from Greece to France) and time emailing them and getting nowhere.

its impossile to get a refund from latam. i have a couple of refunds pending over 2 years

Back