Which School?

worldwidewyatt

Registered
Hello,

My husband and I are moving to BA in June 2014. Our daughter will be attending Kindergarten and 1st grade there, however, my husband will be working down in Punto Indio... so we are trying to avoid the Northern suburbs due to the very long commute. We are interested in living in La Plata. Does anyone know if there are bilingual schools for K/Primary school there? Are they any good? Would you recommend sending an American child to a local Argentinian school (she does not currently know Spanish)? We were interested in St George's Quilmes, but we were advised this area is not safe. Agreed? What schools do you recommend? THANK YOU!

I'd recommend st George's. It's one of the best. Also don't worry about the language, your daughter will pick it up so quickly it'll amaze you.

I'd recommend st George's. It's one of the best. Also don't worry about the language, your daughter will pick it up so quickly it'll amaze you.

Thank you for yoru feedback! I know St George's has 2 campuses. Do you know if Quilmes is safe- or at least teh area around the school? Much appreciated!

You could also look for houses in Abril Country Club or Haras del Sur (further south), if sending your kid to St George's and working in Punta Indio.

You could also look for houses in Abril Country Club or Haras del Sur (further south), if sending your kid to St George's and working in Punta Indio.

Thank you! We'd not heard of or consider these places. We will look into them!

Im not sure if this is any use to you, but I was educated at St Hilda's College (boarded there in the 70's-early 80's though its now only a day school) and it is still a great independent school (kindergarden through to secondary), with a caring environment and of course bilingual. Wonderful!
It's in the BA suburb of Hurlingham.
I still keep in touch with old school friends via FB and other alumni sites and it's been 30 years!
http://www.sthildas.esc.edu.ar/

Back