Which Travel Agency?

miro

Registered
Hi,Can anyone recommend a good travel agent/agency? A few of us want to visit Iguazu Falls, Mendoza, Patagonia and places further abroad like Machu Picchu. Thanks for your help!

I used Les Amis. They have several offices located conveniently throughout BsAs. They also have a website.

If we book some of our Argentine hotels through a local travel agency, can we get a 'resident' price rather than paying the higher 'foreigner' price?
(One reason why we're boycotting AA and their affiliates and are travelling by bus)

Thanks Zarita. I will check them out.

We're interested in a three days package going to Iguazu Falls and this is the quote from Les Amis' website:

"El paquete incluye:
- Pasaje Aéreo.
- 3 noches de alojamiento.
- Traslado de entrada y salid..."

The price is 1846 ARS per person and includes flights from BsAs to Iguazu and back. A GOOD DEAL?
Cheers.

travellingbum said:
If we book some of our Argentine hotels through a local travel agency, can we get a 'resident' price rather than paying the higher 'foreigner' price?
(One reason why we're boycotting AA and their affiliates and are travelling by bus)

Hi! Not all hotels have different rates for non residents. I can book you a hotel that offers resident and non resident rates without informing your id, but when you check in at the hotel, they will ask for you DNI, or Pasaporte..and probably change the rate to a "non resident" one. Then they will be issues between the client, hotel and travel agency..
But then again, not all hotels have two different rates. For some, people are equal.
Regarding airlines, Lan Argentina also offers different rates for non residents for their domestic trips, not only Aerolineas.

The agency I used when I traveled around Argentina was Argentina Escapes. The advantages are that you can design your own itinerary. They can book your flights, hotels, and any excursions you might want to go on. And they have staff that speak English.

Hi,
I just booked a trip to Iguazu for the beginning of January, i.e high season. I used travel agency called Mawa and there my contact was Yanina Gadeau.
This trip costs 680 USD and it includes flights with LAN, 3 nights in 4* hotel and 4 excursions. One of them Jesuits ruins.

I had quotations from 4 different agencies, this one had best combination of excursions, flights and PRICE!

My colleague recommended this agency so I think they must be at least ok. They have offices around the city but you can also deal with them via mail or phone.

Back