Who are buying houses?

Congratulations on your purchase. Looking forward to you sharing your experience as you complete your sale. There is a property I like, however I am dreading the fact I will have to contact this agent as I currently do not have one. So I want to find an agent first before contacting, last think I want is to have an agent representing both sides.

It is quite rich he tried to get you to tip him for even submitting an offer with no shame. This was the better agent out there? May I ask how you decided on picking an agent?
Oh, I didn't pick an agent, all the buyers agents I tried to talked to couldn't be bothered to get off their ass. This agent is the seller's listing agent, so, I didn't pick him, I just (unfortunately) need to go through him if I want to buy the property.

I've arrived at the decision that having a buyer's agent would do me more harm than good, because it would make scheduling viewings far more difficult. Anything worth buying sells in the first few days it's listed, anything else is a shitty deal. Having to coordinate with a buyers agent and the sellers agent would likely mean missing out on buying anything worthwhile. Also, you then have the issue of the seller's agent playing games if they have to split the comission with the buyers agent because they'd rather keep the whole commission for themselves, even if it results in a lower sale price for the property owner. These people are pirates.

Just go into the experience with the expectation that the listing agent is going to try to bend you over at every step of the way and treat them like the snakes they are. The escribano I plan on using to close was kind enough to review documents before I signed them, perhaps you could find a good escribano and work out a similar deal?

Back