Who is still coming over?

Well, some people consider "living" here 3 months or even less. It's a timeframe that's kind of hard to define. Without people applying for residency or with long term plans I'd agree with phil and think it's impossible to really know.

I hope it's not quite as bad as some of you are making it out to be. I think I've certainly read enough to prepare myself mentally for it, but when everyone giving you advice has different expectations for living you never know what will match you.

Honestly, everyone's experience is different, because everyone's lifestyle and financial habits are different. Do they regularly eat meat and/or drink wine? Are they willing to prepare brown-bag lunches every day, or would they rather pay for the convenience of buying? Do they have a Starbucks habit? Do they need a gym membership, cable TV, to go out on weekends? Are they a smoker, or maybe a clean-clothes freak that sends out a lot of laundry (at 20 pesos a bag)? Do they prefer to spend their paycheck on a new pair of jeans, then balance it out by living on pasta? So many personal factors are involved that it's near impossible to predict how you will manage your own finances. Just depends on what you prioritize and how you choose to balance your own budget.

I am thinking of moving to BsAs. Will be "retired"
What is realistic range for a one bedroom apartment apt in Recoleta or Palermo
Of course I would be renting at first.
Also any recommendations for health insurance

There is a huge range of apartments in those barrios. You can rent a small, modest apartment long term for about $1000 or you can rent a vey upscale large apartment in a doorman building with a view for $3000 and up.

withersdavis said:
Not at all, I think the # is increasing. I've heard reports that something like the amount of expats living in BA increases by 1,000 a month. Can't confirm that # though, was told by a friend at a bar.

I think it's more likely to decrease by 1000 a month.

Must be the winter, but I am definitly notice loads of people leaving, most of them won't be back. Definitly more people I know have left then before

Back