Who plans to live in Buenos Aires permanently and why?

i'm in year 1 of a 4 year assignment. once it's up, i don't plan on staying around. my argie girlfriend wants to leave too.

After traveling over a 150 countries and traveling since age 17, I chose BA as my home. Been here 10 years and still not bored or tired or have thoughts of leaving. I have zero family connections or work connections here. I just live here.

I have retired here. I have been coming every year since 2006. I love this city and the people. I bought a nice apartment, something I could not afford in any city in the U.S.. I can live comfortably on my retirement here, not possible in the States. I can afford health care here, even with Medicare, healthcare in the States is so expensive. I don't need a car here, great public transportation. There is always something to do, so many things are free. I am here to stay.

Argentina is great if you have your own property in a nice area and foreign income and you can afford to travel and spend time every year outside the country, in the US Europe etc to have a breather and not feel left behind in the world. Then the positives in Argentina can outweigh the negatives

For the rest of us, many of whom can't leave easily for various reasons, then its bloody difficult!

I have visited since 2004 and bought an apartment in 2008. I always intended to stay permanently when I retired. Reality took over though, just doing the day to day stuff can drive you nuts. We send mail, for instance, to the UK. one guy in the Correo just puts a stamp on it and it is done, another though demands my return address and a customs form, but will still not send it because my return address is here. The banking is a nightmare and so many things are just unavailable.
I still come for three months, to miss the worst of our winter, but now have no thoughts of staying permanently.

I first came in 1991 and stayed several years. I married a local and return on a regular basis but have no intention of living here permanently. An elderly mother-in-law is often the reason for being here. My wife still dreams of returning someday but has now adapted to life (mostly) in the US where we are raising our bicultural and bilingual daughter.

I visit here two or three times I year and in total probably spend about 5 months here or more, so I am considering a long-let rental rather than Airbnb but find that the prices asked are surprisingly high at around ARS$480,000-555,000 for the total years plus all the add-ons and bills, even for modest apartments in non-fashionable areas. So my thoughts have turned to buying given the apparent slide in property prices since devaluation, though it feels like a deep plunge with all of the usual snags and carrying a big bag of US$ around to complete. So a trial period to assess BA in the winter as well as the Spring and Fall seems the best way to make a decision on longer term residence?

I visit here two or three times I year and in total probably spend about 5 months here or more, so I am considering a long-let rental rather than Airbnb but find that the prices asked are surprisingly high at around ARS$480,000-555,000 for the total years plus all the add-ons and bills, even for modest apartments in non-fashionable areas. So my thoughts have turned to buying given the apparent slide in property prices since devaluation, though it feels like a deep plunge with all of the usual snags and carrying a big bag of US$ around to complete. So a trial period to assess BA in the winter as well as the Spring and Fall seems the best way to make a decision on longer term residence?
Tht is because you dont have a guarante,if you get one or a guarantee insurance,you willl rent for much less

Back