Who's got Omicron?

I have omicron even though I received all three shots of Pfizer. Cold chills for three days, intense fatigue, lots of headaches and some coughing. Miserable experience but nothing serious.

Members of our family that have been taking multivitamins and who did a course of ivermectrin, in addition to getting 3 Pfizer shots, have, so far, dodged covid. I'm a skeptic by nature but when my dr prescribed this I figured it was low-cost, low-risk and worth a try. I don't know what tomorrow will bring but I'm mentioning it because it is possible that it gave us some protection.

Last edited:
Members of our family that have been taking multivitamins and who did a course of ivermectrin, in addition to getting 3 Pfizer shots, have, so far, dodged covid. I'm a skeptic by nature but when my dr prescribed this I figured it was low-cost, low-risk and worth a try. I don't know what tomorrow will bring but I'm mentioning it because it is possible that it gave us some protection.
Ivermectin is of unknown risk, not low-risk.
The FDA has not authorized or approved ivermectin for the treatment or prevention of COVID-19 in people or animals. Ivermectin has not been shown to be safe or effective for these indications.

I just take 1000mg of Vitamin C per day, and twenty drops of tintura madre de equinacea. The latter is part of a whole line of herbal extracts which are available from a company called Drogueria Argentina. They come in a simple white box printed in green. I also found what's called Milk Thistle in English, but known as Cardo Mariano here, and is a useful tonic for the liver. Pro tip about these extracts - first opening the lid can be a stone bitch. If you try to force it open, you can strip the threads out of the lightweight aluminum lid. I use a knife to cut the little aluminum tabs forming the seal. And of course, don't drink the extract straight. Mix it with water as per directions.

All the above should be available at almost any dietetica (health food store), and they're safe and non-controversial.

For some reason, (old man story time), this reminds me of 45 years ago when I lived in London, there was an over the counter cold/flu remedy that was actually a weak solution of opium. I forget the name, but I do recall it certainly made me feel better for a while. It's dubious whether it actually had any curative value, but it certainly improved one's mood and allowed sleep.

I'm pretty sure I had it, my roommate tested positive, I took a test at La Rural but can't get the results without a DNI, it seems. Just had some cold symptoms, I wouldn't have thought anything of it as people get colds, you know. I have to fly out Feb 14th - I don't know how that's going to happen. If everyone is positive, who can fly?

I just take 1000mg of Vitamin C per day, and twenty drops of tintura madre de equinacea. The latter is part of a whole line of herbal extracts which are available from a company called Drogueria Argentina. They come in a simple white box printed in green. I also found what's called Milk Thistle in English, but known as Cardo Mariano here, and is a useful tonic for the liver. Pro tip about these extracts - first opening the lid can be a stone bitch. If you try to force it open, you can strip the threads out of the lightweight aluminum lid. I use a knife to cut the little aluminum tabs forming the seal. And of course, don't drink the extract straight. Mix it with water as per directions.

All the above should be available at almost any dietetica (health food store), and they're safe and non-controversial.

For some reason, (old man story time), this reminds me of 45 years ago when I lived in London, there was an over the counter cold/flu remedy that was actually a weak solution of opium. I forget the name, but I do recall it certainly made me feel better for a while. It's dubious whether it actually had any curative value, but it certainly improved one's mood and allowed sleep.
I take zinc 30 mg as well. In winter add D3. Nutrition is important.

I take zinc 30 mg as well. In winter add D3. Nutrition is important.
@Redpossum I only take the 1000mg vitamin C tablets if I am in the middle of, or about to start a cold: I don't fancy having fluorescent urine all the year round, thanks.

@chris For the zinc - vegetarians and vegans should look away now..

The Spanish have Tapas de Sardinas; the English have Sardines on Toast. Sardines have a high zinc content so whenever I feel the need to take high dose vitamin C, I treat myself to sardines on toast. Great comfort food, just at the time I need some comfort.

Well, what else did you expect from the country that blockaded the Chinese until they agreed to buy our opium?

Time was when it was common in Britain for pediatric medicines for teething, colic etc as well as adult remedies to contain opium derivatives but I think the only product remaining on the market is Kaolin & Morphine mixture which is now only sold for adult use for control of upset stomachs and diarrhoea.

Top tip: use Loperamide instead.

The Spanish have Tapas de Sardinas; the English have Sardines on Toast. Sardines have a high zinc content so whenever I feel the need to take high dose vitamin C, I treat myself to sardines on toast. Great comfort food, just at the time I need some comfort.
I buy tins of "Sardinilla" (tiny sardines) packed in olive oil...."Selection Carrefour/Origen España".
They can be found at most of the Carrefour Markets....not available at any of the Carrefour Express stores.

Back