Why are there so many VISA violations?

Lee said:
Well I might not be paying taxes
You are paying 21% IVA tax in every good you buy for living.
copy.png
favicon.ico

fifilafiloche said:
Right on the point, Emily. What amazes me most is that those expats dont even understand how their attitude is patronizing. They have been brain washed to the point that they truely believe those beliefs forced up their throat since their earliest infancy are universal values and that they have to evangelize the world. This rigidity doesnt prepare them well for travelling, since they are not open for learning.

Now if they were reading expats forums complaining about how it works in their own country, they would violently defend the way it works. Argentines intervening here are educated enough not to take that behaviour too personally.

Sorry fifilafiloche, but have you ever stopped to think that the Argentines (and actually most all cultures) behave in this manner? I can think of countless conversations with Argentines where I'm being forced to endure an argument on how the Argentine way of doing something is vastly superior to the way I was brought up.

For example, the independence that most children take on when they go away to college and eventually move away from parents in the US. This is somehow looked upon as a lack of love or a weaker bond between the children and the parent in Argentine culture. There are countless other examples, where due to the significant differences in our cultures, these situations arise.

This is not to say that the many US citizens aren't guilty of this behavior. Just that I think the average Argentine could stand to look in the mirror at this comment. I believe the stereotypical impression of the Argentine in most other Latin cultures is that of proud, a bit egotistical/self-centered, etc. Just as I'm sure this stereotype is applied to the 'gringos' by these cultures.

Perhaps the main difference is given the economic/political/military power and influence of the US, they tend to have more of an opportunity/ability to evangelize a little more.

In summary, careful to critique of others what could very possibly be critiqued about you.

fifilafiloche said:
.... What amazes me most is that those expats dont even understand how their attitude is patronizing. They have been brain washed to the point that they truely believe those beliefs forced up their throat since their earliest infancy are universal values and that they have to evangelize the world. This rigidity doesnt prepare them well for travelling, since they are not open for learning.

This sounds exactly like some of the foreigners I've seen in BA as well as other parts of the world I have traveled. They are almost always male and wear white shirts with black and white name tags.

(I think they are also known as Mormon Missionaries.)

Talking about those? (memonites in eastern Bolivia)

n616956456_1428144_842.jpg

They indeed dont have the traditional type, and they indeed dont know much about the rest of the world. They asked me in their weird German which language was spoken in France...looked at my camera as if they never saw one before...seemed from another planet with their horse trailer...

n616956456_1428146_2131.jpg

I checked if their little finger was straight and asked her if they saw David Vincent in the surroundings...:eek:

They indeed believe that the world was created in 7 days and would fight back anybody that denies this belief.

No, FF...

Do you see any white shirts or name tags?

The Mormons are from Salt Lake City.

I used to live there.

And Mormon girls are seriously HOT!

Trust me.

They would never date the guys in your photos...

...even though they live to breed...with or without the proper garments.

Just to add a minor point here - it is up to immigration officials at the border (or entrance point) usually as to whether or not someone can be admitted to a country. It is a well-known fact that (at least until recently) Argentina immigrations had a policy that was carried out by their officers to have mostly open borders.

While this is an unofficial policy, since the legal guidelines say something else, it is nevertheless something that Argentina has permitted. It is one of the fairest and open policies I have known and I salute the Argentinos for this.

So it's not technically illegal (aside from the argument that undocumented immigrants or tourists are not illegal, something which I think depends on the laws of a given country and how that person entered - ask the Iranians what they will do with an "undocumented visitor" for example), as it is indeed up to the immigration official at the border to allow or refuse admittance to the country and once that visitor has been admitted by an immigration official his or her being in the country cannot be illegal.

It seems they may be beginning to change their policy, however, and this is disturbing to many who have not the ability to get a residency.

Back