Why do Argentines blame others for their problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannish_boy

Registered
Hi I'm new to this website. I'm a male from Denmark who's currently living in Buenos Aires. Coming from a Nordic country, I can't help but notice the big differences in culture and customs. I guess you could say I'm having a homesick moment. And maybe that's true. There are some Argentine habits that I find really strange, no matter how hard I try to understand them. There's one thing here that constantly calls my attention... Why is it that Argentines put the blame on everyone else but themselves? I hear the same thing over and over again. Everything is always some other country's fault… I think this attitude is a bit childish. Blaming others and not taking responsibility for your own actions... Mmmm Sounds like a 5 year old to me. What do you think?

welcome to argentina. enjoy the good things and try to block out the bad stuff. same as any country. what you describe is, unfortunately, one of the bad things and not going to change.

Good morning, dannish_boy:
I apologize because my english is horrible. I'm argentinian and I apreciate your staying in Argentina. I agree with you about your comments, actually I don't support many bad habits around here.
Specially lack of education (I'm not talking about high-scools or colleges). Do you want to rate this? Just walk on a crowd sidewalk.
À bientôt!!
Claudio.

Imo argentines blaming others for their problems is ( for the good and the bad ) a cultural habit, you will find lots more. These little things constitute the essence of argentine ( especially porteños )V

I thought i had changed my name to Dannish boy and didnt remember. im getting older you know.
anyway, The customer is the Enemy!! The IMF! Bush! Anything, but accept responsibility or punish the politicians for laughing all the way to the bank or for a government that doesnt enforce laws.

Two things. Dannish_boy: Denmark and Danes are nothing compared to Argentina and Argentinians. It does not take a scientist or a genius to see that. Fishface: Americans and Britts are NOT! Nordic people.

"Fishface" said:
Empanada: check the dictionary for 'nordic' it has multiple uses - it also doesn't take a genius to know that.
You should have noticed I used lowercase 'n' for nordic to be non-specific.
But thankyou for your inaccurate correction.

No nordic can not apply to the people of america or britain.Take a good look at your dictionary and then feel free to debate the subject all day long, you'll still be wrong at the end of it.

"Fishface" said:
I agree with Don Quixote - childish argument - boring already.
Emplanada you are clearly a troll.
nordic: of, pertaining to, or characteristic of a Germanic people of northern European origin.
You can check the etymology also.
nordic: of or pertaining to skiing events involving ski jumping and cross-country skiing
You see multiple uses - lesson in English over.
Now please - nothing further on this.
Self defeating arguments and desperate accusations of trolling. Keep it coming

Funny how the title of this thread was Argentine's blaming others for their problems, and yet the expats just continue to start these long argumentative threads!
Jessica

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back