Why?

yurrep

Registered
Why is this thread so quiescent?
Does it have anything to do with the politics of the powers that be? Or is just that expats here are not concerned about the subject?

There is so much going on with Argentina that I don't think we have time for the rest of the world. Of course, that shouldn't stop you from putting something up that you think needs to be seen by the rest of the expat community.

Capital Federal eats up your energy if you are not a buddhist super hero, jajaja , the way the city is mapped out, how it's enclosed in, it's like you are trapped in there, it's a vortex of weird energy, that seals you in. Personally, I was losing myself in this vortex, I was losing my compassion, my interests diminished to just very basic needs,earning pesos, finding a subte card, Free Tai chi , Kombucha, cheap pasta meditation in the dark room I lived in, spending time with the few amazing friends I met and just trying to survive, the rest of the world was blocked out, unintentionally. Note...I arrived in Argentina naively, and with a partner who paid my way, and I had the time to pay attention to what the rest of the world was going through, and fight for the causes I believed in, to care about others but when that relationship ended, the real BA bared it's teeth, and the rest of the world suddenly me disappeared.
I am back in NY and now I can start caring again, just arriving and seeing different people with different struggles, where all of us have to stand on the same line, I have the energy to be outside of my own survival. To think it has been only been a week. But post stuff if you can, bring us out of this vortex by being active in the issues that concern you if you feel like doing it.I support it!

mhenna11 said:
But post stuff if you can, bring us out of this vortex by being active in the issues that concern you if you feel like doing it.I support it!
Who else does? More importantly, who doesn´t?

Apathy is catching, who you surround yourself with you become. I've found Argentines to not to be particulary interested in anything outside of their country - and if they are from BA nothing outside of their city. I find it interesting that in Argentina i almost never have anyone ask me anything about my home country or any of the other countries i have lived/worked/travelled to. Unless it is ranting about the malvinas or planning their trip to uruguay the rest of the world just doesn't really get much of a mention.

Back